So, how did Nvidia reach record sales in q4?

Rym

So i don't get it. Nvidia made record sales with a revenue of 5 billion dollars after releasing their RTX 30 series card.

Here's the thing though...these cards are not in stock anywhere, so how exactly did nvidia make 5 billions in profit by selling products that "are never in stock"? Am I reading all this wrong?

https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-financial-results-for-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-2021

3000 series cards make up a MINOR.. very very very small portion of there portfolio overall. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Consumer products make a difference to Nvidia's bottom line, but giant firms and corporations have much deeper pockets. Also, it's not that the RTX 3000 cards aren't coming in stock, it's that whenever they're put up online bots buy them in seconds. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

6 minutes ago, Rym said:

So i don't get it. Nvidia made record sales with a revenue of 5 billion dollars after releasing their RTX 30 series card.

Here's the thing though...these cards are not in stock anywhere, so how exactly did nvidia make 5 billions in profit by selling products that "are never in stock"? Am I reading all this wrong?

https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-financial-results-for-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-2021

Most of that is likely from data center and professional Quadro hardware, although I wonder how much of that 5 billion is from Nvidia selling directly to miners, or the AIBs jacking up the prices to what the scalpers are charging.

As others have said, consumer hardware is a comparatively small market for Nvidia's gross profit.

Outside of that, stock levels, in this specific situation, likely have no impact on their quarterly earnings; Multiple tech channels have stated that the information they're receiving from people "in the know" are that there was a higher-than-usual launch volume and subsequent volume sold.

Stock hasn't been enough to meet demand because we're in a 'perfect storm' type situation that has created unprecedented levels of demand, while supply chains are starting (have, are, and will continue) to be pushed beyond their capacity.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

- The Nintendo Switch still sold a lot

- The RTX 3000 cards still sell like hit cakes, you just never see then in stock, plus the prices are so high on then and this is revenue after all

- people needed work from home dogs too, so Quartos probably sold well.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

29 minutes ago, Rym said:

Think about it

Why aren't they in stock? 🤔

Isn't it because they're sold out? Which makes Nvidia money??

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

And yet the stock is still trending down 🙄

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

So, I take you didn't bother to read article beyond title? The reasons is said right in the article. Gaming dept. was up 67%, Data Centers up 97%, rest 11% and 7%. And selling stock quicker means that they make money quicker. So when the comparison is made between sales now and sales year ago, the bump is mainly because they sold same amount of stuff in shorter period, rather than selling more overall.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, Rym said:

"Guys guys this product a company sells for profit is so popular its sold out everywhere ... h0w aRE thEY MAkinG ProfIT!!!!!!"

Seriously OP?

I watched for a 3060 to pop in stock yesterday, I woke up early and had my wallet ready lol..

Newegg, Bestbuy, Memory Express.. M.E. crashed at 7 am, newegg had nothing, bestbuy sold out before anything made it online. 

Bots.

The game is rigged.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

Well Nvidia have sold out of everything which means they have maximised revenue based on what they have produced there is no stock sitting around. The problem is demand larger than supply, if they had more capacity they would have made more but they still maximised what they have.

not really, they can't make enough of them to sell 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

@PlayStation 2

Told you ...

9 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Nah, conspiracy about willful shortages is much more logical.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

10 hours ago, BillyGoat1776 said:

Short answer?  Because NVIDIA are greedy douchebags who don't give two squirts of piss about the consumers who MADE them what they are in the first place. 

Please name company who isn't in business to make money.

Crypto-miners are willing to pay much higher prices (more than the average consumer can afford) and NVIDIA (a.k.a. 'greedy douchebags') has seen fit to fully embrace the devil.

This sounds bit trollish thb. I would say that data centers and professionals would be willing to pay most, since they too are corporations with aim of making money.

Personally, I'm hoping Intel will pull their heads out and come back strong with something we all desperately NEED....something that doesn't suck, isn't outrageously expensive, and, most of all, is mother-fkn available for purchase.

Uhm, Celeron? You do understand that if something is cheap and performs well, it will be also target for miners and others who can get more performance for less money. That would be the sole reason why 30-series stuff was so much targeted in first place. Because they had same or more power than 20-series for less money.

So overall, what you are actually asking is that someone in tech sector is down on doing some charity so that whining and crying gamers could get some new fancy stuff to brag about.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv