Emergency Partial RE-Build Assist

JeremyDS77

Budget (including currency): 500-600 (motherboard, CPU, RAM, m.2 SSD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details I'm reusing my existing ATX case with EVGA 750 gold PSU.  Light gaming mostly older games (nothing high end).

Graphics card is an older Nvidia 1050 card from a few years back that I'm using short term until prices hopefully come back down.

Not a first time builder, but only do a new build every 4-6 years.  My existing MB/CPU died the other day so I'm trying to throw together a new PC on the fly.  I normally research for weeks and don't have the time this go round. The budget only applies to the items listed above.  From what I seen, it read/heard I was planning on a Ryzen 5 3600 unless I would be better off with a different option. I have an older 1TB drive so was only planning on using a 500GB m.2 for primary storage/OS.

Usually buy from either Newegg or the Microcenter in town (MN). I found this site after watching some of the Youtube videos which I love.  Thanks everyone.

Basically this. You should be able to get the parts for similar price in a microcenter. 

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

went with intel on this list due to lack of availability of 5600x and for the price i7-10700f is a great performer 8 cores 16 threads certainly better then 3600x , memory is limited to 2933mhz, could go with cheaper motherboard to save some cash. 

the 10600 is a bit better than the ryzen 5 3600, for almost the same price