PC Shuts off while watching Netflix?

piemadd

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x
64GB DDR4-3200
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Eagle OC (Stock Speeds)
Windows 10 Home 20H2
Nvidia Driver 461.72
1000W PSU 80+ Plat from Seasonic (if you are concerned about the PSU being the problem)

Hey all! As the title suggests, my PC shuts off while watching netflix. It lasts anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds, but all of a sudden my screens go black, and my pc shuts off. WhoCrashed gives no information about any crash logs and the windows logs only state that the computer unexpectedly shut down.

Any ideas?

i like trains 馃檪

22 minutes ago, pierom_qwerty said:

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x
64GB DDR4-3200
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Eagle OC (Stock Speeds)
Windows 10 Home 20H2
Nvidia Driver 461.72
1000W PSU 80+ Plat from Seasonic (if you are concerned about the PSU being the problem)

Hey all! As the title suggests, my PC shuts off while watching netflix. It lasts anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds, but all of a sudden my screens go black, and my pc shuts off. WhoCrashed gives no information about any crash logs and the windows logs only state that the computer unexpectedly shut down.

Any ideas?

What else do you do on the machine besides watch Netflix? 聽Anything heavy graphically?

Not a pro, not even very good. 聽I鈥檓 just old and have time currently. 聽Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

What else do you do on the machine besides watch Netflix? 聽Anything heavy graphically?

Yeah, heavy gaming at 2k, rendering massive scenes in blender. All without it breaking a sweat.

i like trains 馃檪

So it can handle a heavy load. 聽It鈥檚 something specifically about Netflix that is different. 聽Netflix app or are you running it out of a browser?

Not a pro, not even very good. 聽I鈥檓 just old and have time currently. 聽Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So it can handle a heavy load. 聽It鈥檚 something specifically about Netflix that is different. 聽Netflix app or are you running it out of a browser?

Running it in chrome, which also handles things like youtube just fine. Asked on the Nvidia forums and they said this is a standard problem rn and apparently using the netflix desktop app fixes it.

i like trains 馃檪

39 minutes ago, pierom_qwerty said:

Running it in chrome, which also handles things like youtube just fine. Asked on the Nvidia forums and they said this is a standard problem rn and apparently using the netflix desktop app fixes it.

So their web app is bugged. 聽Possibly on purpose. 聽The company prefers the app because it mines more info.

23 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So their web app is bugged. 聽Possibly on purpose. 聽The company prefers the app because it mines more info.

No probably not on purpose. it works fine with literally every gpu except rtx 3000. Its something with nvidias drivers and possibly something with chrome

i like trains 馃檪