Display driver amdkmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered !

iKratos
The monitor just goes blank and restarts (only the monitor). Happens mostly when I try to play a video. Tried almost all solutions on the net but no fix.
Using the inbuilt vega graphics from CPU.
Specs: ryzen 3200g, 8 gb ram, 256 gb ssd, win 10 (Newly formatted OS)
Even uninstalled display driver using DDU and tried the latest vega beta driver as well as the standard but still no fix.

Any solution?

32 minutes ago, iKratos said:
The monitor just goes blank and restarts (only the monitor). Happens mostly when I try to play a video. Tried almost all solutions on the net but no fix.
Using the inbuilt vega graphics from CPU.
Specs: ryzen 3200g, 8 gb ram, 256 gb ssd, win 10 (Newly formatted OS)
Even uninstalled display driver using DDU and tried the latest vega beta driver as well as the standard but still no fix.

Any solution?

Just the monitor powers off and on?  Do you mean video stops being sent but the thing is still on or does the thing actually shut down?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Just the monitor powers off and on?  Do you mean video stops being sent but the thing is still on or does the thing actually shut down?

monitor, taskbar all stops. very irritating.

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

7 hours ago, iKratos said:

So not a power off.  That’s a long time for a computer.  It sounds like it’s losing your monitor settings and having to rebuild them.  Is your monitor non standard in some way such that the program has to relearn your monitor every time?  Or perhaps something is just really really slow at giving the program the data it needs to work

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

When the display comes back, is your image normal? or are there weird anomalies? Could be temps, but seems weird if it's just the display doing away and then coming back, but the PC itself doesn't shut down.

Honestly, if you've DDUed and its a fresh install of windows, it's possible your GPU (or GPU cores in this case since you're using a 3200G) are not working properly. Especially if it's a recent build I would try reseating your CPU.

1 hour ago, Flannelist said:

When the display comes back, is your image normal? or are there weird anomalies? Could be temps, but seems weird if it's just the display doing away and then coming back, but the PC itself doesn't shut down.

Honestly, if you've DDUed and its a fresh install of windows, it's possible your GPU (or GPU cores in this case since you're using a 3200G) are not working properly. Especially if it's a recent build I would try reseating your CPU.

Display going off and monitor restarts along with the taskbar and the window gets messed up and I have to press ctrl + alt + delete to end process and restart to fix.

After every time it happens, Radeon software says that driver crashed. I went to event log and got that "Display driver amdkmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

What to do now?

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So not a power off.  That’s a long time for a computer.  It sounds like it’s losing your monitor settings and having to rebuild them.  Is your monitor non standard in some way such that the program has to relearn your monitor every time?  Or perhaps something is just really really slow at giving the program the data it needs to work

Monitor is a 24 inch 1080p from LG. Its also new. Maybe 8 gb ram is less for me?

28 minutes ago, iKratos said:

Display going off and monitor restarts along with the taskbar and the window gets messed up and I have to press ctrl + alt + delete to end process and restart to fix.

After every time it happens, Radeon software says that driver crashed. I went to event log and got that "Display driver amdkmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

It could be some corruption in the OS or the disk in theory. Is this a new computer/build? Has this issue been going on for some time? I still think this sounds like an issue with the graphics cores on your processor or their communication with the board.

48 minutes ago, Flannelist said:

It could be some corruption in the OS or the disk in theory. Is this a new computer/build? Has this issue been going on for some time? I still think this sounds like an issue with the graphics cores on your processor or their communication with the board.

yes new build. I formatted multiple times but still same thing.

54 minutes ago, iKratos said:

yes new build. I formatted multiple times but still same thing.

Which motherboard are you using?

2 minutes ago, Flannelist said:

Which motherboard are you using?

gigabyte a320

4 minutes ago, iKratos said:

gigabyte a320

Do you know which revision? If it's the A320M-S2H, looks like there are several. If it's one of the older revisions, the CPU might not be fully supported on the current BIOS, or is running into some snag even if it mostly works? the other 2 revisions just look like they only have the one BIOS version, in which case I would say reseat your CPU, make sure there's no pins bent. Could possibly even be temps, but I would think you'd be having other issues if that were the case. If you're on revision 1, I would update your BIOS if you haven't already.