Holding multiple keys stops space bar registration

Hey, first time posting to the forum.

I recently bought a laptop and am having an issue with the keyboard. I have checked the drivers and they appear to be up to date and when I plug in an external keyboard the issue doesn’t occur.

my issue is when I have holding ctrl + a the space bar stops registering.

I noticed this while playing a game as ctrl is sprint and space is jump, when moving left, sprinting and trying to jump the space does not register. However this issue can be replicated in all application like Word, mail etc. even in the windows search bar holding this combination of ctrl and a prevents space bar registering.

anyone have any suggestions?

It's possible that is by design.

The way a keyboard works, is with a matrix of rows and columns. Maybe they made these keys take place in the matrix where you can't press all at once.

Not much you can do about that, other than physically alternating it or using a different keyboard 

You can consider changing up the controls of your game too.

Change the sprinting to toggle instead of hold or changing the sprint key to something different entirely.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/