CPU: RYZEN 5 2600

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

BIOS Version: 7B85v1F2 (latest)

RAM: 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 MHz

PSU: EVGA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular

Case: Phanteks P400

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 Home 20H2

GPU Drivers: 21.2.3 (latest)

Chipset Drivers: AMD B450 CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 2.13.27.501 (latest)

Background Applications: DISCORD, CHROME, MSI Afterburner, iCue

Monitors: Acer VG270UP (Main, HDMI 2.0), MSI MAG27C (DP)

Description of Original Problem: Where do I begin. I have been crashing on and off for two-three months on AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, NFS Heat, and even low demanding games like Gwent from time to time. I SOMETIMES have been getting microstuttering in mainly Valhalla and other games. I have never been able to pinpoint exactly what it is and how to reproduce it. Sometimes Valhalla looks flawless and smooth; other times it's choppy and stuttering. I should add that it looks perfectly fine on my MAG27C in full screen and also looks fine in window mode on the Acer. It only stutters in borderless/fullscreen 1440p. My clock speeds are not stable in Valheim and are all over the place ranging from 0-85% usage. That could be attributed to the game just being released.. I don't know. Assassin's Creed 1 (2007) will not fully utilize the GPU and register 40-60 FPS.

I have a secondary problem that just began more recently. I was using a display port cable supplied with my Acer monitor. I changed it out for a certified HDMI 2.1 cable thinking maybe that was a possible cause for stuttering, etc. I am using the HDMI 2.0 input as my monitor and GPU support it. My PC now boots to the secondary monitor. I've read that it is possible that the GPU looks for signal from display port first and that is why it boots on the secondary screen?? The real issue is only sometimes will I receive a "No signal" on the HDMI 2.0 input when booting or turning back on out of sleep mode. I usually have to scroll through to another input and then back to the HDMI 2.0 for it to receive a signal. However, sometimes that doesn't even work.

Troubleshooting: I've tried nearly everything I can think of. DDU to remove drivers and reinstall older recommended versions. DDU and reinstall current drivers. I did a clean Windows 10 install a few weeks ago. I've disabled all start up programs and processes to try and pinpoint an issue. I've run memtest86 with no issues reported. I removed the "daisy chain" to the 5700XT and have run two separate cables. Temps are below 63-65C on GPU and below 55C on CPU. I've tried with XMP turned on and off. I have Core Performance Boost and Precision Boost Overdrive turned off. I am on Ryzen Balanced Power Plan. There is probably more I can't think of at the moment.

have you tried display port on the acer? since that's the monitor that seems to have issues? 

10 minutes ago, evanuel said:

The real issue is only sometimes will I receive a "No signal" on the HDMI 2.0 input when booting or turning back on out of sleep mode.

this is a monitor thing, it does it on my chromebook on and on my pc too. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

7 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

have you tried display port on the acer? since that's the monitor that seems to have issues? 

Yes, it had display port before I tried out the HDMI to see if that was causing any stuttering issues. I plan to switch it back with a certified cable since the HDMI hasn't changed anything and now I have the no signal annoyance.