Can my RM850I PSU fit the newest Meshify 2 Compact case?

JohnxYiu

Fractal Design just released their new case Meshify 2 Compact, I'm planning to get one to improve my computer airflow, but I'm having trouble because it says the max psu length is 165mm (with HDD cage + front fans), while I'm using the Corsair RM850I psu with 180mm length.

I honestly don't wanna change my psu as its only been used for a year, so I wanna ask if it is possible to use this psu on this Meshify 2 Compact case without removing HDD cage (i have 1 HDD)?

I've come up with some thoughts:
(1) put the HDD cage to the front; 
(2) place my HDD on the bottom tray of the cage so there can be some space from the upper tray for the cables to go through it; 
(3) I'm using two 140mm fan, I see the picture from the official site, the two 140mm fans do not occupy any space on the bottom of the case

looking into it a little, you should be fine if you remove the HDD tray that is in the same area as the PSU because then you can have a up to 200mm PSU and the pics dont show a front fan going that low. it also shows you can put the drives you have behind the motherboard.

2 hours ago, tdkid said:

looking into it a little, you should be fine if you remove the HDD tray that is in the same area as the PSU because then you can have a up to 200mm PSU and the pics dont show a front fan going that low. it also shows you can put the drives you have behind the motherboard.

but I do need a HDD cage as I have one HDD in use, so idk if I need to change my PSU

1 minute ago, JohnxYiu said:

but I do need a HDD cage as I have one HDD in use, so idk if I need to change my PSU

are you limited on space? i am wondering because you are looking at the compact designs.

Looks like the Meshify 2 has an optional way to mount HDD under the roof if you look at the PDF manual page 28 from their website.

https://www.fractal-design.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Meshify-2-Compact-manual-v.1.3-2021-02-04.pdf

I didn't see a bottom space without the using drive cage like on the original Meshify C, but maybe it can be done using that bracket.

I'm actually using a RM850i on the original Meshify C.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

22 hours ago, tdkid said:

are you limited on space? i am wondering because you are looking at the compact designs.

yeah im limited on space, im currently using Phanteks P360X but I wanna improve the airflow.

15 hours ago, alyen said:

Looks like the Meshify 2 has an optional way to mount HDD under the roof if you look at the PDF manual page 28 from their website.

https://www.fractal-design.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Meshify-2-Compact-manual-v.1.3-2021-02-04.pdf

I didn't see a bottom space without the using drive cage like on the original Meshify C, but maybe it can be done using that bracket.

I'm actually using a RM850i on the original Meshify C.

RM850i would definitly fit if I remove the cage, but sadly I need the cage for my HDD

So Idk if i should just try it out without changing my PSU, but guess I don't have much luck on this, may just need to change to some shorter PSU like ROG850

On 2/27/2021 at 8:03 AM, JohnxYiu said:

yeah im limited on space, im currently using Phanteks P360X but I wanna improve the airflow.

ok, well how big of a space do you have? inches or millimeters. length (back to front) width (left to right) and height (bottom to top)