5900X Dead? Weird black screen issues

IAMABOSS

So late last year, me and my brother build his new PC with the new parts we had been acquiring over a few months. It's a pretty balling rig and should have no issues. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x

Asus ROG Hero x570 Crosshair VIII

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 (This was a friends used card cause we never could get a 3080 despite trying over 100 times, never gave him any issues and is in mint condition, never OCed)

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Noctua NHD15 Chromex Black

Corsair 4000D airflow

EVGA G3 1000W

Samsung Odyssey G7

Dell 27 

So, this build originally was completed with a 5800x and my personal old 5700XT Nitro+ I let him borrow until he got a GPU when I found a used 2080ti for 600$ (different GPU entirely). It worked perfectly in this configuration for months. 

The drive has been formatted and with a brand new instal of Windows 10 Pro only a few days ago was done, latest BIOS, forced PCIE 3.0, newest Nvidia drivers, old Nvidia Drivers, we have tried everything.

This is what is going on, the PC will randomly have straight black screens for about 3 to 10 seconds on BOTH monitors at random times, sometimes, different display port cables, ports on GPU, when this happens, the GPU may spike to 100% usage for no reason, then go black, alternatively it may be spiking restoring video after the black screen. It most always comes back up eventually though. 

The other issue he is having is when playing Minecraft, is that the CPU is running at 100%, and the GPU at 10 to 20%, and the game runs and looks like garbage. This actually makes me think that the game is being rendered by the CPU somehow. I have no idea how this could happen, but that is what it sounds like to me. While typing this up I have been talking to him and his PC crashed while we were talking, screens go black, then came back on with Windows restarting.

I have no idea what is going on, please help. 

Thanks.

@leadeater @W-L could you move this to troubleshooting, we have eliminated the GPU as a problem, we now think it is CPU/Motherboard related

Thanks

So, here are the new things we have run into since making the first post

tried a different GPU, it still happens on a known rock solid GTX 1070

Tried a entirely different SSD with a different, brand new instal of windows. 

Re-seated the GPU, problem persists

The problem has also escalated, it is black screening when opening/installing certain applications, or sometimes just turns of the PC and restarts, no BSOD, crash error, just off, and video returns with windows 10 loading logo. 

PLEASE HELP, thx

Does it only do this under load or at completely random times too? 

1 hour ago, Dudis said:

Does it only do this under load or at completely random times too? 

Completely random, it will even do it in the BIOS

We think it is the MOBO and contacted ASUS, they want to RMA it.