1000 Player Minecraft Server

Hello,

I was wondering if there are good CPU(s) and/or GPU(s) for a 1000 Player Minecraft Server. I found CPU(s) that are good. (CPU(s): Intel Xeon E5-1620 v2 ) Referring to this video:

Could anyone find a close model or part list of this specs?

On 2/19/2021 at 2:44 PM, LinusTech said:

I hate SagoDEFCON

You will need a lobby system. It's impossible to get a thousand players on the same world at the same time without unplayable performance. MC servers only run on one thread so you'd be spending a ridiculous amount of money for the latest i9 or something and would likely struggle to break 200 players depending on what you're doing. With an old CPU like that? Forget more than a dozen players, imo.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

If you want 1000 players, get a 5950X and disable all but 1 core, overclock the snot out of it, get a crap ton of ram, and a GT 1010 or something because MC servers don't care about GPU power.

And pray.

elephants

I honestly don't think its possible with any CPU without massively re-engineering the MC server application.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

First of all, you can't use the regular MC server provided by mojang, you need something with much lower overhead that's not running on java.

Second, even if your server can handle 1000 people, the client side computers likely won't. If you've ever tried to have 1000 mobs on your screen you will know how much it tanks the game performance.

34 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

If you want 1000 players, get a 5950X and disable all but 1 core, overclock the snot out of it, get a crap ton of ram, and a GT 1010 or something because MC servers don't care about GPU power.

And pray.

Servers are multithreaded.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Well I don't want 1000 players, I just want lots of players.

I hate SagoDEFCON

On 2/26/2021 at 5:26 AM, SagoDEFCON said:

Well I don't want 1000 players, I just want lots of players.

Well that'a exactly not what you just said to begin with

2 hours ago, whispous said:

Well that'a exactly not what you just said to begin with

that was a video title

I hate SagoDEFCON