Can your Android device run this game?

SaudAlomari
Hi everybody,
Im an indie developer, Ive been developing this game for a while now, and i wish to share it with you and get feedback.

[NEW UPDATE V0.2.6]

What's New:
# Create your character
p7heKbB.png

# Unlock weapon and classes
5xLaiqE.png

# Lure and slay bosses
X8cQQxU.png

Spoiler
[OLD UPDATE]

J2bw6NT.png

CIluLoJ.png

To Download the game:

For feedback:
you can reply here.

Quality:
i believe the game runs on medium to high end mobile devices, i wish you guys try it and tell me how it performs on your device.
the game has 3 quality presets that might improve performance.
the game runs at 60fps, if you want to decrease battery consumption you can change it to 30fps in games settings.

*EDIT*
Performance measurements on devices with help of the testers:

*SAMSUNG GALAXY S10e (~40fps on high, ~60fps on medium) (tested on first map by @igormp)
*Nubia redmagic 5g (Snapdragon 865)  (45-65fps on high, 85-95fps on medium, 110-125fps on low) (tested on first map by @MAXXPRO)

** DISCLAIMER **
I never intended to advertise my game, since its not even a full game yet, im just asking for some testing and feedback. 
This post has been edited out to meet the forums rules, all external communication links has been removed.
This post will be the only post from now on talking about my game. 

6 minutes ago, Downkey said:

then there is me with an iphone

Unfortunately, Apple makes it a bit harder to develop for iphones, since they require a macOS and yearly subscription to their developer account, not like Google Play that asks you a one time developer account fee.

but ill definitely set up my game for iphones in the future, id love to see my game on an iphone.

36 minutes ago, SaudAlomari said:
Hi everybody,
Im an indie developer, Ive been developing this game for a while now, and i wish to share it with you and get feedback.

J2bw6NT.png

CIluLoJ.png

To Download the game:

For feedback:
you can reply here.
or contact me on https://discord.gg/xpjMveUH

Quality:
i believe the game runs on medium to high end mobile devices, i wish you guys try it and tell me how it performs on your device.
the game has 3 quality presets that might improve performance.
the game runs at 60fps, if you want to decrease battery consumption you can change it to 30fps in games settings.

I take money for doing quality assurance.

I am a developer myself,and sometimes do these sort of stuff.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

5 minutes ago, Vishera said:

I take money for doing quality assurance.

I am a developer myself,and sometimes do these sort of stuff.

I would definitely love to hire guys like you before i officially release and publish my game.

but now i dont just need feedback on errors, i also need feedback on what to add to the game and what to change and how the game runs on Android devices performance-wise.

9 minutes ago, SaudAlomari said:

but now i dont just need feedback on errors, i also need feedback on what to add to the game and what to change and how the game runs on Android devices performance-wise.

You first need a vision (to direct the game),and a written compelling story and/or gameplay mechanics with as less repetitive elements as possible,if you lack one of those the game may suffer from inconsistency and/or boredom.

Express yourself and show your creativity.

Then you do beta testing.

I assume that you work alone and not part of a studio.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Runs at around ~40 fps on high, ~60 fps on medium on my S10e.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

16 minutes ago, igormp said:

Runs at around ~40 fps on high, ~60 fps on medium on my S10e.

Thank you friend for your reply, its wonderful to hear that your device runs the game +30fps

if you dont mind, id like to put your measurement on my post, so people can see it and relate.

also can you tell me, do you think the game should do more quality wise? or should it ease it up?

32 minutes ago, SaudAlomari said:

if you dont mind, id like to put your measurement on my post, so people can see it and relate.

Sure, no problem

32 minutes ago, SaudAlomari said:

also can you tell me, do you think the game should do more quality wise? or should it ease it up?

I can't give you an opinion on that since I don't play many games, nor I have any idea how powerful/weak my phone is when compared to your average phone out there.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

-> Moved to Mobile Gaming

The content of this topic has been approved by moderation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2021 at 1:35 AM, SaudAlomari said:

[NEW UPDATE V0.2.6]

What's New:
# 
Create your character
p7heKbB.png

# Unlock weapon and classes
5xLaiqE.png

# Lure and slay bosses
X8cQQxU.png

Hi people,

new update is out, can you check it out.

following the road from start to invisible wall(the point where you could travel to next area)pointing normal height( to avoid spikes like when you are looking to the sky or the floor)

45 - 65 high

85 -95 med

110-125 low

Nubia redmagic 5g (Snapdragon 865)

-FPS counter is too small

-left virtual joystick doesn't need to be visible, just make the left half of the screen for that. once you touch something in that area that point become center of a virtual joystick (invisible of course)

-resolution scaler is needed for slower phones and to preserve battery life

-we all like benchmarks so just record a little session and build a little test inside the game so it's easier for you to compare our data.

-nice animations but no interactions so it's horrible to play

-if you can do something like wow vanilla (not a lot of polygons but enough texture and object variety) should run better on more devices

Thank you @MAXXPRO for your testing, its much appreciated.

if you dont mind ill use your measurement in my post.

10 hours ago, MAXXPRO said:

following the road from start to invisible wall(the point where you could travel to next area)pointing normal height( to avoid spikes like when you are looking to the sky or the floor)

45 - 65 high

85 -95 med

110-125 low

Nubia redmagic 5g (Snapdragon 865)

-FPS counter is too small

Cool measures, as long as its +30 its great. 

i will put the choice to lock frames on 45 fps beside 30 and 60, i think 45 fps is a good choice to have a smooth play and save power.

about the fps counter, ill see to it and change it.

-left virtual joystick doesn't need to be visible, just make the left half of the screen for that. once you touch something in that area that point become center of a virtual joystick (invisible of course)

-resolution scaler is needed for slower phones and to preserve battery life

ill definitely add the choice in settings, wither to choose a fixed joystick or a free joystick, to suit ones play style. to me personally, i like the fixed one because i dont have to drag the joystick up everytime i want to move, but ill definitely add the free one.

about scaling resolution, thats a must have feature, its in my plans, im glad you think its useful too, because preserving battery consumption is important to me to.

-nice animations but no interactions so it's horrible to play

-if you can do something like wow vanilla (not a lot of polygons but enough texture and object variety) should run better on more devices

can you tell me what kind of interactions youre looking for? do you mean sounds and VFX? because that is a must do in the future.

im a big fan of PS2 games, and im a big fan of its visual style, realistic but low detailed, like RE4, i love the art of that game, and wow vanilla too is a good example of that, so ill definitely love to have that kinda art in my game but unfortunately im not an artist, and every art in this game now is a prototype. im looking for an artist now and i hope ill find one. every art im using now is what i was able to find to prototype my game.

1 hour ago, SaudAlomari said:

Thank you @MAXXPRO for your testing, its much appreciated.

if you dont mind ill use your measurement in my post.

Cool measures, as long as its +30 its great. 

i will put the choice to lock frames on 45 fps beside 30 and 60, i think 45 fps is a good choice to have a smooth play and save power.

about the fps counter, ill see to it and change it.

ill definitely add the choice in settings, wither to choose a fixed joystick or a free joystick, to suit ones play style. to me personally, i like the fixed one because i dont have to drag the joystick up everytime i want to move, but ill definitely add the free one.

about scaling resolution, thats a must have feature, its in my plans, im glad you think its useful too, because preserving battery consumption is important to me to.

can you tell me what kind of interactions youre looking for? do you mean sounds and VFX? because that is a must do in the future.

im a big fan of PS2 games, and im a big fan of its visual style, realistic but low detailed, like RE4, i love the art of that game, and wow vanilla too is a good example of that, so ill definitely love to have that kinda art in my game but unfortunately im not an artist, and every art in this game now is a prototype. im looking for an artist now and i hope ill find one. every art im using now is what i was able to find to prototype my game.

I mean physical push on character when hit by enemies or on enemy when you successfully hit it

2 hours ago, MAXXPRO said:

I mean physical push on character when hit by enemies or on enemy when you successfully hit it

there is a push with each hit, but some hits are weak and dont push much, and some hits doubles the push distance. 

if youre still interested, hopefully, try buying the beast blade, it changes your class with new skills that has hits with big push effect. 

2 hours ago, SaudAlomari said:

there is a push with each hit, but some hits are weak and dont push much, and some hits doubles the push distance. 

if youre still interested, hopefully, try buying the beast blade, it changes your class with new skills that has hits with big push effect. 

I'm going to try soon, thank you

On 4/8/2021 at 11:36 PM, SaudAlomari said:

no sound and no blood splat tricked me into thinking there was no push, after killing hundreds of those wolves and snakes I did notice it 🤣

can't get enough animals to complete quests, they keep restarting so I can't get that skin requested to buy beast blade.

aside from this I have more suggestions:

1)merge run button with loot button(those are needed like 99% of the time) so you can hold to run, tap to loot and talk to vendor

2) add a way to auto aim the enemy otherwise the roll action looks useless

3)option to change camera distance

4) add numbers on enemies when you hit them just like mmorpg games

5)add a slider to change all STATIC HUD transparency so on amoled screens is possible to hide hud or set it to almost invisible(of course numbers on enemies must stay visible)

6)make life and stamina something you can see on character instead of bars like a heavy breathing animation when still(while regaining stamina) and blood dripping under a certain level of life

Thank you so much friend for your valuable feedback and ideas, much appreciated.

18 hours ago, MAXXPRO said:

can't get enough animals to complete quests, they keep restarting so I can't get that skin requested to buy beast blade.

i apologize that there are no tutorials for my game, but Beast Scale item that is used to make beast blade is dropped from the map boss, you can buy Boss Lure Kit from trader and put it in the middle of the map, at the round stones, to lure the boss.

and there are 5 enemies in first map, that respawn every 1 minute. if you killed a mob, it will respawn 1-2minutes later at same place.

2) add a way to auto aim the enemy otherwise the roll action looks useless

there is the T button that makes u lock on target.

1)merge run button with loot button(those are needed like 99% of the time) so you can hold to run, tap to loot and talk to vendor

3)option to change camera distance

4) add numbers on enemies when you hit them just like mmorpg games

5)add a slider to change all STATIC HUD transparency so on amoled screens is possible to hide hud or set it to almost invisible(of course numbers on enemies must stay visible)

6)make life and stamina something you can see on character instead of bars like a heavy breathing animation when still(while regaining stamina) and blood dripping under a certain level of life

these ideas are very cool, and ill think about adding them.

11 minutes ago, SaudAlomari said:

there is the T button that makes u lock on target.

damn now I feel dumb xD

13 minutes ago, SaudAlomari said:

you can buy Boss Lure Kit from trader

oops didn't notice that.. I assumed that I needed to complete more quest and get that as reward. good to know

but why those quest keep restarting? I take quest 1 and 2 from vendor, back killing enemies and after deliver those skins start quest 3 and 4. after couple of minutes there is a message and I'm back with starting quests1/2(not completed)

15 minutes ago, MAXXPRO said:

damn now I feel dumb xD

no its ok, its actually my bad for not writing a manual, im sorry for that. 

16 minutes ago, MAXXPRO said:

but why those quest keep restarting? I take quest 1 and 2 from vendor, back killing enemies and after deliver those skins start quest 3 and 4. after couple of minutes there is a message and I'm back with starting quests1/2(not completed)

unfortunately the game now doesn't have a story, and doesn't have main quests, 

these quests u take from trader, are optional quests only, to help you collect money and such, 

and it reappears in a set of time, for example, if u delivered the first job, it will reappear after 5 minutes, and so on. 

and one more hint, if you want to go to second map, buy a Travel Kit from trader, but be careful, the second map is a bit tougher, and you might struggle to buy another travel kit from there.