Podmic w/ m-track solo

Janettebot
Go to solution Solved by NinJake,
57 minutes ago, Janettebot said:

No phantom power is fine because I will stick to dynamic microphones because of untreated room and noisy house. Thanks for telling me if this ever changes. 

I was mainly just saying it could be nice having phantom power in the event you want an inline pre amp to boost the signal with "clean gain". You would do this if talking into the mic normally doesn't deliver the loudness you might be trying to achieve. The pre amp takes phantom power, and could still be usable with the podmic. Although this may not be necessary.

Hello, I am looking into getting a microphone and I have chosen the rode podmic. All I would like to know is if the m-audio m-track solo with drive the podmic. Please help, thanks in advance

It provides up to 54db of gain. Whether or not that's loud enough for you is up to how loud and close you are to the microphone, as well as how sensitive the podmic is. If it's not quite up to your standards you can get an inline amp and power it with the phantom power provided by the m-track solo.

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

It provides up to 54db of gain. Whether or not that's loud enough for you is up to how loud and close you are to the microphone, as well as how sensitive the podmic is. If it's not quite up to your standards you can get an inline amp and power it with the phantom power provided by the m-track solo.

Turns out that I can go without the shock mount for now and get the m-audio air 192 4.

I do not believe the air has phantom power so keep that in mind if you ever wanted an inline pre amp.

31 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I do not believe the air has phantom power so keep that in mind if you ever wanted an inline pre amp.

No phantom power is fine because I will stick to dynamic microphones because of untreated room and noisy house. Thanks for telling me if this ever changes. 

57 minutes ago, Janettebot said:

I was mainly just saying it could be nice having phantom power in the event you want an inline pre amp to boost the signal with "clean gain". You would do this if talking into the mic normally doesn't deliver the loudness you might be trying to achieve. The pre amp takes phantom power, and could still be usable with the podmic. Although this may not be necessary.

28 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Will eventually upgrade to a motu m2 or something similar just for the phantom power but for now it shouldn't be needed. Thanks for letting me know my options though : )

12 hours ago, Janettebot said:

Will eventually upgrade to a motu m2 or something similar just for the phantom power but for now it shouldn't be needed. Thanks for letting me know my options though : )

13 hours ago, NinJake said:

The M audio has phantom power.

2 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

The M audio air does indeed have phantom power like the M audio solo does. Didn't see it until I looked into the actual user documentation.

On 2/26/2021 at 11:38 AM, Ahoy Hoy said:

Ok, will probably get something like an es dynamite. Not wanting to pay full price for a cloudlifter.

6 hours ago, Janettebot said:

Ok, will probably get something like an es dynamite. Now wanting to pay full price for a cloudlifter.

Just get the microphone and interface first youll probably be fine for signal level. If you get it and its not then get the extra inline amp. No point getting it before encase you dont need it.