Suggestions for a build for my younger brother

My brother is in a dire need of a new desktop. He's not gonna spend that much and also he has bo intentions of upgrading in future. This build is generally for his classes and assignments. Which one he pick between pentium gold 10th gen (g6400), Athlon 200 ge.

He will play nfs carbon/most wanted/vice city barely. Tia.

3 minutes ago, Barshan said:

My brother is in a dire need of a new desktop. He's not gonna spend that much and also he has bo intentions of upgrading in future. This build is generally for his classes and assignments. Which one he pick between pentium gold 10th gen (g6400), Athlon 200 ge.

He will play nfs carbon/most wanted/vice city barely. Tia.

Honestly a used optiplex with a Sandy bride i5/i7 would give better performance than both 

You can also go with other old i5 and i7s btw (haswell, ivy bridge cpus for ex)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

54 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Honestly a used optiplex with a Sandy bride i5/i7 would give better performance than both 

You can also go with other old i5 and i7s btw (haswell, ivy bridge cpus for ex)

Agreed. While I usually recommend buying new lower-end parts over used higher-end parts (because lack of upgradability and because not everyone has access to a functional and sensible used market), if your brother isn't interested in or is unable to upgrade his CPU late on, buying more powerful hardware used is the better bet.

But just in case your used market runs out of sandy bridge i5s and i7s, the Pentium G6400 is much better CPU-wise (and probably price-wise too), although it has a weaker iGPU (that said, it'll have no problem running the kinds of games you mentioned)

EDIT: OP, I know this isn't directly related to the topic, but what city do you live in? (I'm also a fellow Indian)

13 minutes ago, Ash_Kechummm said:

Agreed. While I usually recommend buying new lower-end parts over used higher-end parts (because lack of upgradability and because not everyone has access to a functional and sensible used market), if your brother isn't interested in or is unable to upgrade his CPU late on, buying more powerful hardware used is the better bet.

But just in case your used market runs out of sandy bridge i5s and i7s, the Pentium G6400 is much better CPU-wise (and probably price-wise too), although it has a weaker iGPU (that said, it'll have no problem running the kinds of games you mentioned)

EDIT: OP, I know this isn't directly related to the topic, but what city do you live in? (I'm also a fellow Indian)

Well I'm from Bangladesh bro😅😅. Bt my grandparents and all of my relatives from my fathers side lives in india. Grandparents lives in Kolkata and rest of em' are in bihar and spread in all over wb. Ngl most of the people of your country are polite and gem indeed. 💖

Just now, Barshan said:

Well I'm from Bangladesh bro😅😅. Bt my grandparents and all of my relatives from my fathers side lives in india. Grandparents lives in Kolkata and rest of em' are in bihar and spread in all over wb. Ngl most of the people of your country are polite and gem indeed. 💖

Ah, I can't help with the pricing then.

I have a few family friends working in the PC hardware industry, I could've gotten you in contact with someone who has a bunch of used sandy bridge PCs

1 minute ago, Ash_Kechummm said:

Ah, I can't help with the pricing then.

I have a few family friends working in the PC hardware industry, I could've gotten you in contact with someone who has a bunch of used sandy bridge PCs

It's okay bro ❤️. Means a lot. Thank you