how to know if cpu is compatible for liquid metal ?

Pratham Bhatnagar

compatible for liquid metal, not sure what you mean

liquid metal is used by extreme overclockers, you can use it on any CPU you want if you know what you're doing

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

compatible for liquid metal, not sure what you mean

liquid metal is used by extreme overclockers, you can use it on any CPU you want if you know what you're doing

will it cause corrosion on CPU die?

9 minutes ago, Pratham Bhatnagar said:

will it cause corrosion on CPU die?

Depends on the materials used on your cooler and your CPU/IHS.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

36 minutes ago, Pratham Bhatnagar said:

how to know if my  CPU is compatible for liquid metal ? 

I think you need to specify whether you are talking about putting liquid metal between the IHS and CPU cooler, or the CPU die and IHS (delidding).

If you are talking about delidding, I think the general consideration would be whether there is a need to or not. Common rule of thumb is if the CPU-die is soldered to the IHS, then its seldom worth the effort (e.g. Intel 9th/10th Gen onwards, AMD Ryzen). AFAIK all stock CPU IHS are nickel plated copper, so would be an ideal material to be in contact with for liquid metal.

If you are talking about putting liquid metal between the IHS and CPU cooler (i.e. instead of paste as a TIM), then as a general rule, no. It isn't worth the performance gain, and even if you have a copper cooler, it will amalgamate and "dry up". So the only real use-case is custom liquid cooling if you are also using a nickel-plated copper waterblock, but even then it isn't worth it in my opinion.