Is a Windows 10 Debloater safe to use?

JohanKjeldahl7

Hello there!

I have a laptop which I want to make a little faster, so I have been thinking about using a debloater script for it. I heard and read very good things about it, but I am wondering if it has any risks involved... Can it damage any data from my PC? And which scripts can you recommend? How much more performance will I really get?

Laptop: HP 255 G7 6MR84ES#ABD

One more thing: Would a second 8GB RAM stick give me a noticeable performance boost?

Thanks in advance for any help!

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

A reputable debloater won’t hurt you, but some programs might run weird or not at as they might have used a feature many of us consider bloat. Generally the stuff you can see a tangible difference with removing are the same stuff you can delete yourself.

Adding more ram so it runs in dual channel mode should help you get considerably more performance. If you can add more ram, go for it

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

This is actually the video I got the idea from, watched it yesterday. But Jay himself had some little doubts himself that this won't cause any problems and tried it on a PC he doesn't need anymore... Thats why I am asking - just to double check that it's safe.

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Just now, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

This is actually the video I got the idea from, watched it yesterday. But Jay himself had some little doubts himself that this won't cause any problems and tried it on a PC he doesn't need anymore... Thats why I am asking - just to double check that it's safe.

I mean, anything and everything is at a risk. The worst that can happen is you brick it hard and need to do a reinstall of windows. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Jumballi said:

A reputable debloater won’t hurt you, but some programs might run weird or not at as they might have used a feature many of us consider bloat. Generally the stuff you can see a tangible difference with removing are the same stuff you can delete yourself.

Adding more ram so it runs in dual channel mode should help you get considerably more performance. If you can add more ram, go for it

Alright, I will try to get another stick of RAM and maybe try the debloater - thank you!

I mean, anything and everything is at a risk. The worst that can happen is you brick it hard and need to do a reinstall of windows. 

So doing a backup on an external SSD is probably a good idea, right?

Just now, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

So doing a backup on an external SSD is probably a good idea, right?

for sure. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

for sure. 

Okay, thank you!

28 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

I just searched for some info on my CPU (A9-9425) and it says, that my CPU is running in single channel mode. Will one more stick of RAM give me more performance anyway?

1 hour ago, WikiForce said:

yes, most of them are alright, i recommend sophia script and that popular debloater for windows 10 (can't recall it's name rn, iirc it's not specific) both are on github

Thank you!