Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MSI K7D Master not working with HD 3850 AGP

Hi there,

So as the title says I have a MSI K7D Master Mobo with dual Athlon MP 2000+s, using an HD 3850 AGP for graphics.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 fresh install as well.

For some reason the drivers for the HD 3850 AGP will install, but then when I restart the system it says that there is no ATI Graphics Card inserted into the system.

I somehow fixed this by changing a setting in the BIOS (IGP ISA Aliasing from Enabled to Disabled), but then that made it so that not both of my CPUs were being utilized in Windows.

Now I've reinstalled the driver for the SB Audigy in here as well, but now the 3850 wont be recognized by it's driver no matter what I do.

If anyone can help with some old knowledge it would be much appreciated as I've been wanting to play some games from my childhood once again.

who has an agp in card 2021, i felt like a sucker for having one in my 2007 pc despite it being decently lowend even for it's time

PC Specs : Intel Core i5 7500 | Zotac GTX 750 Ti | MSI H110M PRO-VD | Hynix 16GB 2666MHz | 120GB Crucial BX500 | 1+2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | Circle 500W APFC PSU | Ant Esports ICE-211TG | 2x 120mm ARGB Case Fans (Front and Rear)

Peripherals : HP 22es 1080p IPS Monitor | Redragon M609 RGB Gaming Mouse | TVS EGold Bharat Mechanical Keyboard | Redgear Pro Wired Game Controller | F&D A110 2.1 Stereo Speakers | Dell 1TB Ext. HDD

TV : Sanyo 32" 1366x768 HD Ready TV (XT-32S7000H)

Phone : Realme C3 (4GB LPDDR4X RAM / 64 GB eMMC 5.1 ROM with Helio G70 CPU and Mali G52-MC2 GPU and additional 64GB Sandisk Ultra Class 10 UHS-1 SD Card)

3 hours ago, WikiForce said:

who has an agp in card 2021, i felt like a sucker for having one in my 2007 pc despite it being decently lowend even for it's time

Some people do retro builds to play games that don't run on W10 😉  it's a fun hobby I also endulge in myself, but mostly even older stuff.

ISA slots are my fetish 😄

4 hours ago, plumptree said:

Hi there,

So as the title says I have a MSI K7D Master Mobo with dual Athlon MP 2000+s, using an HD 3850 AGP for graphics.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 fresh install as well.

For some reason the drivers for the HD 3850 AGP will install, but then when I restart the system it says that there is no ATI Graphics Card inserted into the system.

I somehow fixed this by changing a setting in the BIOS (IGP ISA Aliasing from Enabled to Disabled), but then that made it so that not both of my CPUs were being utilized in Windows.

Now I've reinstalled the driver for the SB Audigy in here as well, but now the 3850 wont be recognized by it's driver no matter what I do.

If anyone can help with some old knowledge it would be much appreciated as I've been wanting to play some games from my childhood once again

Which drivers are you using? I've had a ton of issues getting later ATI AGP cards working as well. I have a 2600XT AGP card that refuses to install most of the time.
The latest drivers certainly never worked. They probably don't even support the old Non-SSE2 Athlon CPUs to run at all.

I've had better luck with te good old AGP Hotfix drivers, but they're hard to find nowadays...

Try these:

https://us.softpedia-secure-download.com/dl/2fcd8853be57ec01275040110c6c5e09/60378ad3/300105783/drivers/video/11-1_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

Temp system - Intel Xeon W3670 4.4GHz Asus P6T 12GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 CL9 - RX5700XT 960GB Samsung DC SSD CM MWE 550 - Win10 Pro x64

15 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Some people do retro builds to play games that don't run on W10 😉  it's a fun hobby I also endulge in myself, but mostly even older stuff.

ISA slots are my fetish 😄

Which drivers are you using? I've had a ton of issues getting later ATI AGP cards working as well. I have a 2600XT AGP card that refuses to install most of the time.
The latest drivers certainly never worked. They probably don't even support the old Non-SSE2 Athlon CPUs to run at all.

I've had better luck with the good old AGP Hotfix drivers, but they're hard to find nowadays...

Try these:

https://us.softpedia-secure-download.com/dl/2fcd8853be57ec01275040110c6c5e09/60378ad3/300105783/drivers/video/11-1_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

I've tried using 2 sets of drivers, some that are signed and some that aren't. The only one that would work is the official AMD Catalyst 13.4 Beta Legacy Driver, and only if I install it with the ISA Aliasing enabled, then disabling when rebooting. But then it turns off SMP for the games so now I'm severely CPU bottlenecked D:

Like I said, it works, but now I don't have that sweet dual core action 👌

In some games like Hitman 2 it's fine, but then Blood Money doesn't work, though it does work with the Dual core when I use my Doom 3 6600GT

18 hours ago, WikiForce said:

I'm rebuilding my dad's old workstation PC into an XP Station for old games like Dungeon Keeper 2, Silent Hill 3, SPlinter Cell, etc.

Having it run on an old CRT as well. 1024x768 looks like 4K, I swear.

It's so crisp and beautiful