3 Pin RGB Cable to 4 Pin Header

JoeyHQ
Go to solution Solved by thrasher_565,
12 hours ago, JoeyHQ said:

I just bought an aio and i dont ever do much with rgb. my motherboard only have a 4 pin RGB header but the aio has a 3 pin. i was just wondering if they make a good adapter for that?

5v device to 12v mb header

I just bought an aio and i dont ever do much with rgb. my motherboard only have a 4 pin RGB header but the aio has a 3 pin. i was just wondering if they make a good adapter for that?

what is your motherboard? there are adapters for everything, its just a matter of finding the right one. there should be a 4 pin header on your board for the AIO because most do come with it. mine says CPU fan and CPU pump one is a 3 pin the other is a 4 pin. take a closer look at your board. its very hard to see

6 hours ago, tdkid said:

what is your motherboard? there are adapters for everything, its just a matter of finding the right one. there should be a 4 pin header on your board for the AIO because most do come with it. mine says CPU fan and CPU pump one is a 3 pin the other is a 4 pin. take a closer look at your board. its very hard to see

why do you commit if you dont no what your talking about?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

12 hours ago, JoeyHQ said:

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

17 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

why do you commit if you dont no what your talking about?

the real question is why do you? can you tell that what this person has will be able to do anything that you tell them without some more info? some motherboards as you know can not or will not support what someone wants to do but you just make a new topic on the subject. my motherboard as i said has a 3 pin and 4 pin headers for the fans and radiator pumps if i wanted to water cool my system. if joeyHQ' motherboard has this too as his shouldm then there is no need to waste money buying something they dont need. so i was hoping he would have given the name of his board so i could look up and pic and give him the info he was looking for but no response. so dont try and jump down my throat because you want to give him a direct answer than might now work. this forum is for helping people of all skill levels with a problem and helping those and each other with few skills to become better.

4 hours ago, tdkid said:

the real question is why do you? can you tell that what this person has will be able to do anything that you tell them without some more info? some motherboards as you know can not or will not support what someone wants to do but you just make a new topic on the subject. my motherboard as i said has a 3 pin and 4 pin headers for the fans and radiator pumps if i wanted to water cool my system. if joeyHQ' motherboard has this too as his shouldm then there is no need to waste money buying something they dont need. so i was hoping he would have given the name of his board so i could look up and pic and give him the info he was looking for but no response. so dont try and jump down my throat because you want to give him a direct answer than might now work. this forum is for helping people of all skill levels with a problem and helping those and each other with few skills to become better.

i got 2000 post ant alt about rgb and i have guides what do you no about rgb? if you dont no dont commit plz. hes not talking about fan header...

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i got 2000 post ant alt about rgb and i have guides what do you no about rgb? if you dont no dont commit plz. hes not talking about fan header...

of course not but read the message. they are saying the AIO only has a 3 pin connector but their motherboard only has a 4 pin so they were looking for an adapter. i am telling them to look closer at their motherboard as they may have missed what they needed so they dont have to spend money. and 2000+ comments doesnt make you right. it just means you talk more and have been on her longer. look at mine almost 500 in 1 year. i would have 4x as many as yours if i was on here as long as you have been.

oh i all ready posed the answer

Edited by thrasher_565

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

oh hey, you created a new thread to post the answer when you could have just posted it here.

There's no point in repeating a statement.

If it was already said, no need to say it again if it's a standalone post.

Plus this question gets asked a lot so it's a lot easier to just link a post that already has the answer.

elephants

3 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

There's no point in repeating a statement.

If it was already said, no need to say it again if it's a standalone post.

Plus this question gets asked a lot so it's a lot easier to just link a post that already has the answer.

you are right but check the time the posted thread was created and who the creator of that thread is. 

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

you are right but check the time the posted thread was created and who the creator of that thread is. 

It was created by thrasher, yesterday, at 11:25 AM.

He created that post, and then linked it here, because this question gets asked a lot.

elephants

Just now, FakeKGB said:

It was created by thrasher, yesterday, at 11:25 AM.

He created that post, and then linked it here, because this question gets asked a lot.

yes created by the same person i was going back and forth with.

Just now, tdkid said:

And your point is?

elephants

8 hours ago, tdkid said:

i had an old thread linked before that but i thought of just making my own as it gets asked a billion times.  easier to read and find the info instead of going thow like 20 pages of posts.