Good airflow case recommendations

Bouri

Hi, i am fairly new to pc building and i've managed to upgrade my motherboard, cpu and ram a few weeks ago. The problem is that my cpu is idling at around  40-55 degrees with 60-65 short spikes when browsing or while i'm on youtube, and around 70-85 while gaming. I know these kind of temperatures are fairly normal with the stock cooler but i would like to change my case because i don't think i will have enough space for gpu's from rtx 2k/3k series and also because my temperatures are around 5-10 degrees lower if i take the side panel off. My current setup is:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: b450 gaming plus max

GPU: 1050 TI

RAM: 2x8 GB Kingston HyperX Fury RGB CL16 3200MHz

Case: Zalman Z1

If possible, i would like some recommendations on cases with the max budget of 80-90$, ATX format. I would also like to upgrade my gpu/psu in the near future (rtx 2080/2080ti) and also  to buy a aftermarket cpu cooler. I heard cooler master hyper 212 RGB or hyper 212 EVO is a good budget choice but i'll also take any suggestions in consideration. As for the pc case, others told me that nzxt h510 is a pretty solid choice (apart from the airflow which is not that great) or fractal design meshify c.

4 minutes ago, Bouri said:

Hi, i am fairly new to pc building and i've managed to upgrade my motherboard, cpu and ram a few weeks ago. The problem is that my cpu is idling at around  40-55 degrees with 60-65 short spikes when browsing or while i'm on youtube, and around 70-85 while gaming. I know these kind of temperatures are fairly normal with the stock cooler but i would like to change my case because i don't think i will have enough space for gpu's from rtx 2k/3k series and also because my temperatures are around 5-10 degrees lower if i take the side panel off. My current setup is:

If possible, i would like some recommendations on cases with the max budget of 80-90$, ATX format. I would also like to upgrade my gpu/psu in the near future (rtx 2080/2080ti) and also  to buy a aftermarket cpu cooler. I heard cooler master hyper 212 RGB or hyper 212 EVO is a good budget choice but i'll also take any suggestions in consideration. As for the pc case, others told me that nzxt h510 is a pretty solid choice (apart from the airflow which is not that great) or fractal design meshify c.

It'll break your budget limit, but you'll be hard pressed to get better airflow than this

https://www.xtia.com.cn/

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It doesn't get any better than the Fractal Meshify family if you're looking for an airflow-friendly mid tower.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

i am nor sure how many cases you are going to find with a $90 max budget. pretty much anything with a full mesh front will work better than the one you have now but if you are planing on upgrading later. i suggest going over your budget a little and buying a full tower size case. i have a mid tower and can not put the side panel on because of it.

Those are normal temperatures for a 3600 and a stock cooler. You're going to benefit more from a new cooler than a new case. The Hyper 212 is okay. My personal pick at $30-40ish is the Arctic 34 Duo

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MC8CRVZ

The best cheap case for airflow has to be the Lian Li Lancool 215, but they're very popular, so difficult to find at their MSRP of $60. Try to find one, it comes with two really nice 200mm fans... Airflow for days. If you live in a dusty area though, don't prioritize airflow, your case will clog up in mere days.

15 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

It'll break your budget limit, but you'll be hard pressed to get better airflow than this

Ah yes, the old 'the best airflow case is no case'.

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Ah yes, the old 'the best airflow case is no case'.

But it is pretty, whereas other "open case designs" I've seen are very plain...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

I see you took me very seriously when i said good airflow 😄 .  Even if it's not one of my favorites designs and i don't plan on getting something like this, i still appreciate your suggestion.

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

It doesn't get any better than the Fractal Meshify family if you're looking for an airflow-friendly mid tower.

I heard good things about them. Do you mind suggesting me some of their cases, maybe a personal preference? or most of their cases have good airflow and it is just personal preference from that point onwards?

55 minutes ago, tdkid said:

i am nor sure how many cases you are going to find with a $90 max budget. pretty much anything with a full mesh front will work better than the one you have now but if you are planing on upgrading later. i suggest going over your budget a little and buying a full tower size case. i have a mid tower and can not put the side panel on because of it.

you can't close the side panel because of the gpu or cpu cooler? What gpu and cpu cooler do you have? I would also prefer something with a lot of mesh on the front and also a exhaust on the top of the case because of the heat that tends to rise up.

44 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Those are normal temperatures for a 3600 and a stock cooler. You're going to benefit more from a new cooler than a new case. The Hyper 212 is okay. My personal pick at $30-40ish is the Arctic 34 Duo

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MC8CRVZ

The best cheap case for airflow has to be the Lian Li Lancool 215, but they're very popular, so difficult to find at their MSRP of $60. Try to find one, it comes with two really nice 200mm fans... Airflow for days. If you live in a dusty area though, don't prioritize airflow, your case will clog up in mere days.

My room tends to be very clean because of my allergies, the ambiental temperature is also around 21-22 degrees in winter and up to 28-29 in summer. And yea, i can't find that case anywhere here in my country at this moment, all the stocks are sold out.

also i can't find anywhere the air flow of the arctic 34 duo. I suppose it is better than what i've listed above?

Keep in mind, the case is helpful, but fans are just as if not more important. Think about a good quality fan. Lots of people can help you with that aspect. I use 120x38 industrial fans. They are pretty quiet at 5v and 7v, at 12v they are as noticeable as a hair dryer. Some people like Arctic, some people like Noctua. I like Panaflo (NMB) and Thermalright lol.

As for a case, you really cant go wrong with a Meshify C. But there are others, but again I cant help you there.. 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

5 hours ago, Bouri said:

so your case is the Zalman Z1. well it dose look like some kind of mesh on the front. but mesh can also be restricted same gos for a dust filter. lets just say if you removed the dust filter and front panel you will probably get the same temps as taking off the side panel.  yes better fans can help but no way to no.

so we no best air flow is an open case with a fan blow across your cpu and gpu for temps but most people dont want an open case.

others stated that 200mm fans in front well they can push alot of air they also can be cheap, non adjustable, dont have stander mounting holes.

silverstone 180mm fan at the same speed as noctua 200mm fan both at 800 rpm well be about the same maybe the noctua a bit quieter. but there are silverstone 180mm fans that can go above the 800rpm that would beat  noctua 200mm but will also be louder.

if you dont care about nose then you can get server fans that can push alot of air. some say you can under volt them but how low and what fans can do what i dont no i still have not found that out. offen there hard to find and cost $20+ each and the pwm cost even more.

more fans dose not = cooler temps having a flow is also importened bottom to top or front to back.

you could duct the air to the cpu cooler and get better temps but i dont think any one will that to do that but it dose improve temps.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

my GPU is an EVGA 2070 super FTW3 ultra a pretty powerful for when i got it 1 year ago. my CPU cooler is from a prebuilt dell XPS 8300 because it was a bigger cooler than what came with the CPU. i started to look into replacing it because it looked like it was starting to wear down or not run correctly but looking into it i wasnt sure if anything would fit in my case so i started looking at new cases.

if you are looking for something with a lot of mesh on the front then i can think of no case that has more than the fractal meshify series of cases. Meshify — Fractal Design (fractal-design.com)

On 2/24/2021 at 5:44 PM, Aereldor said:

This was going to be my suggestion. 

I got lucky and was able to put my son's configuration in it. 

Finally for his RX 5700XT to stop black screening from overheating!

And it was $80USD.

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS