Is it safe to shop on newegg?

itslit

Is it safe? Also, like in amazon, does the price include tax and shipping? Delivery will come to Turkey. Does it have a guarantee?

https://www.newegg.com/global/tr-en/white-phanteks-eclipse-p400a-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854087?item=N82E16811854087&nm_mc=knc-googletradwords-global&cm_mmc=knc-googletradwords-global-_-cases (computer cases - atx form)-_-phanteks company-_-11854087&source=region

It's more cheap than our local seller.

https://www.qp.com.tr/phanteks-eclipse-p400a-rgb-temperli-cam-mid-tower-atx-bilgisayar-kasasi

I will buy from local dealer if there is no international guarantee.

3 minutes ago, itslit said:

Is it safe? Also, like in amazon, does the price include tax and shipping? Delivery will come to Turkey. Does it have a guarantee?

https://www.newegg.com/global/tr-en/white-phanteks-eclipse-p400a-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854087?item=N82E16811854087&nm_mc=knc-googletradwords-global&cm_mmc=knc-googletradwords-global-_-cases (computer cases - atx form)-_-phanteks company-_-11854087&source=region

https://www.qp.com.tr/phanteks-eclipse-p400a-rgb-temperli-cam-mid-tower-atx-bilgisayar-kasasi

I do it all the time, but I ensure the product is sold and shipped by Newegg. Because like Amazon, they will allow anyone on their site to sell anything they wish, and that invites risk.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

What do you mean, Is it safe? Newegg has been around for 20 years. They aren't some fly-by-night retailer. Unfortunately since they got acquired by a Chinese company several years ago they now allow useless 3rd-party sellers like Amazon does, so if you're going to buy anything from them make sure it's actually shipped and sold by Newegg.

In regards to the tax and shipping, I would say no, the price listed probably does not include taxes and shipping, and list prices on Amazon typically don't include those charges either, at least in the US. I have no idea how the prices compare to your local retailers. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 minutes ago, itslit said:

I can only speak to shopping with Newegg in the US. They're generally a much bigger pain in the ass if you have to return something, but otherwise, as long as you're buying from Newegg and not from China Joe's Retail House of Ripoffs, you're safe from scams. If there is tax, Newegg will charge it at the end, and Newegg usually charges shipping separately.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

17 minutes ago, itslit said:

Is it safe?

No! There have been huge problems with muggings and murders there!  /s

On a serious note, I’ve never had problems, though I don’t like in turkey, so results may vary.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.933f6eaafca23bd40eb1371d33fe50a3.png

I can get 2 of this case If I buy on my country. I thought taxes and shipping is included like Amazon.

It's very safe, never had an issue 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

25 minutes ago, itslit said:

does the price include tax and shipping?

It does not. Price is updated while you go through checkout.

Be aware, that you might end up having to pay import duties. So the final price might end up becoming more expensive than local.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Agree, only buy from them if shipped and sold by them, or if the seller is the actual manufacturer of the product you're buying on their marketplace.

Example: I purchased Lenovo monitors from Newegg Marketplace but the seller was actually Lenovo.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

23 hours ago, itslit said:

I can get 2 of this case If I buy on my country. I thought taxes and shipping is included like Amazon.

You might get estimation on checkout. US stores don't include VAT to their prices since it varies from state to state. So similar to buying from US Amazon, you pay VAT, import duties and shipping. The warranty is same, you pay for shipping it back to US, and usually pay for any extra fees too. Which they may or may not pay you back. Unless manufacturer has international warranty, then you can go through their local office with warranty claims.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, itslit said:

Maybe I am just a little salty, but I think newegg is crao and should be avoided.

I have ordered 3 things from them (and/or their 3rd party seller system) in the past month and had problems with each one of them.

2 were the 3rd party marked items as shipped and took payment yet didn't expect the inventory for 2 more weeks (which was never communicated) newegg doesn't get involved despite their policy saying you are charged when item ships. Then to avoid the rules further the sellers just mark it as an RMA that they claim to instantly receive to issue a refund in 5-7 days. Mind you this happened on two items with 2 separate sellers.

The one I item that newegg did send got magically lost in the mail and when I called to inform them they accused me of lying. Despite the fact the shipping company clearly acknowledged it was currently unable to locate the package.

Anyways this was the first month I tried using them again and it will also be the last.

Is the warranty even valid overseas?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Yes, newegg is legit and trustworthy. Linus even built a pc with newegg so watch go watch that vid

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

PC Build:

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
    ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LED (4x8GB)
  • GPU
    EVGA RTX 3090 OC
  • Case
    Corsair icue 4000x
  • Storage
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB x2
  • PSU
    Corsair RM1000X 80+ Gold certified
  • Display(s)
    ROG Swift PG278QR 27” x2
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken Z73

If it’s being shipped and sold by Newegg it should be fine. I just bought a keyboard of there 😄

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

On 2/25/2021 at 12:55 AM, itslit said:

ooh türk

Dream build:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-10600K | GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS ELITE | Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L| RGB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro  16GB (2x8) CL18 3600MHz |

Intel 660P 512GB NVMe | Kingston A400 SSDNow 480GB 2.5" | WD "Caviar" Blue 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" | MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ | THERMALTAKE RGB H200 USB 3.0 |

Peripherals:

Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro

Monitors:

(1) LG 27'" 27Gl650F-B 144hz 1ms IPS G-Sync Pivot 3

(2) Acer Predator XB241YUbmiprz 23.8" 144Hz 1ms G-Sync

Headset:

Kingston HyperX HX-HSCSC2-BK-WW Cloud Stinger Core 

12 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Is the warranty even valid overseas?

It is, but buyer pays for all the fees and extra hassle.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The question seems to be not is Newegg a scam but does Newegg have stuff in its web app specifically for turkey and does it calculate for shipping specifically to turkey automatically. 

newegg is not a scam seller, it’s quite old.  As to how it deals specifically with turkey I don’t know.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, cottechguy said:

ooh türk

Burada da türk bulamadım demem. 😀

• 2 weeks later...

I would say newegg is safe. It's pretty old, and it has quite a name for itself. But only buy stuff that's shipped and sold by newegg.

woah, it's a signature

On 2/24/2021 at 4:55 PM, itslit said:

as long as the product your buying is shipped and sold by newegg, yep pretty safe as buying from amazon or any other online retailer like them. shipping and taxs is usly included in end stage of buying a product unless it states its free shipping then sometimes its no tax as well.

If it’s sold and shipped by Newegg you should be a okay. Used them for years.

It always seems to me like people only leave reviews on Newegg when they have an issue, so just ignore the reviews there. It's almost never an indication whether the product is good or not.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

1 hour ago, LloydLynx said:

It always seems to me like people only leave reviews on Newegg when they have an issue, so just ignore the reviews there. It's almost never an indication whether the product is good or not.

This is true to some extent with user reviews on almost all websites. Satisfied customers usually don't bother taking the time to leave a review.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16