EA and BioWare have officially given up on their revamp of Anthem

Middcore

Summary

Executive producer Christian Dailey has announced on BioWare's website that they have scrapped their efforts to revamp Anthem, citing the pandemic as a major factor impacting the team's productivity. Live services for the current version of Anthem will continue to run. 

Quotes

In the spirit of transparency and closure we wanted to share that we’ve made the difficult decision to stop our new development work on Anthem (aka Anthem NEXT). We will, however, continue to keep the Anthem live service running as it exists today.

My thoughts

Don't think this will come as a surprise to anybody, given that just about the only news since it was announced they were trying to rework the game was news of senior developers departing, and the story that EA was about to make a final decision on Anthem's fate a couple weeks ago. Still saddening, it would have been nice to see this story have a happy ending like No Man's Sky or FF14. I will never fully understand how they managed to make "Destiny, but you're Iron Man" such an un-fun disaster. 

Sources

https://blog.bioware.com/2021/02/24/anthem-update/

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Still sad to see, it would have been nice to see this story have a happy ending like No Man's Sky or FF14.

It's EA any game that isn't a hit at launch is basically dead to them.

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I will never fully understand how they managed to make "Destiny, but you're Iron Man" such an un-fun disaster. 

It's EA they basically look at what is popular and order their devs to make a game that incorporates that.

It really is no surprise it died. Looked pretty generic in trailers, turned out to be a boring game that basically ticked some boxes on a checklist of this is popular right now and then it died with empty promises to keep people hoping, playing and most importantly spend money on the game.

Loved the flying around, just a shame there wasn't anything else to do. Then there was the whole "let's make a looter game but constantly nerf the loot drops" thing.

How many years of Support did they promise ? 10-15 ?

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

EA is just so weird. They were considering totally redesigning totally broken game like Anthem for months and now finally gave up officially. They released NFS Heat and which only needed few extra fixes and touchups and some extra content and it would be the best NFS EA released in years and they just abandoned it entirely after just 3 months. No considerations or anything, just dropped it like it's nothing. Their priorities are really fucked up.

No surprises here. They dragged it on for two years hoping that the idea of updates would lure some users, they couldnt. Whole idea was extremely repetitive and bound to die from day one.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

25 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

EA is just so weird. They were considering totally redesigning totally broken game like Anthem for months and now finally gave up officially. They released NFS Heat and which only needed few extra fixes and touchups and some extra content and it would be the best NFS EA released in years and they just abandoned it entirely after just 3 months. No considerations or anything, just dropped it like it's nothing. Their priorities are really fucked up.

The reality is NFS Heat never had even the potential for the "long tail" EA wants that Anthem did. The ceiling for how much EA would have supported Heat if they had judged it a success rather than a failure is like... 2 more DLC car packs.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The reality is NFS Heat never had even the potential for the "long tail" EA wants that Anthem did. The ceiling for how much EA would have supported Heat if they had judged it a success rather than a failure is like... 2 more DLC car packs.

They know and try to milk every god damn thing, but they just dropped NFS Heat entirely. One of rare few games that had potential to turn its multiplayer side into GTA heist like scene with massive chases and high score pursuit charts. We're talking potential to really milk people for cash. And EA is like retarded Pikachu not having a clue what to do. That's what really baffles me. And then they turn around and make a lame remaster of NFS Hot Pursuit 2010. Lowest of the lowest effort "remasters" for a game which in its original form was actually still alive online 10 years after release. Barely, but you could actually find people still playing it 10 years after release. I bet NFS Heat is entirely dead and it's what, 1 year old now? LOL

Sad part is: when ea will anounce a game again, the brain desd dumbsumer, sheeple will race to the pre purchase button faster than a lightning strike and history will just keep repeating itself

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

who'd have thought 😆

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Who is surprised by this even... game on launch was a complete disaster.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Honestly, I think it makes sense. I think so few people even care about the game anymore that I doubt a revamp is going to bring people back or attract many new people.

Maybe I am just projecting my lack of interest on the situation though.