Extending wifi on discount

Teh0AisLMAO
Go to solution Solved by Levent,
2 minutes ago, Teh0AisLMAO said:

could wifi adapter on usb extension cable work adequately?

nope, single antenna design will increase your ping (by atleast factor of two), reduce your bandwidth in half and most likely drop packages left and right.

Instead of spending precious money on wifi mesh, could wifi adapter on usb extension cable work adequately? My house is made of brick so the 5G network couldn't reach the room my pc is in and I'm just trying to extend it to the hallway of my second floor. My router is in the living room directly below the hallway. The cable would probably won't go further more than 3 meter(10 feet-ish).I'm trying to spend as little money as possible so that's how I come up with this stupid idea in the first place. Ethernet cable would probably work better but that mean I have to spend more to reach the router.

2 minutes ago, Teh0AisLMAO said:

could wifi adapter on usb extension cable work adequately?

nope, single antenna design will increase your ping (by atleast factor of two), reduce your bandwidth in half and most likely drop packages left and right.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just get an ethernet cable or wifi mesh, ethernet would be WAY better for latency, if you are extending wifi for gaming purposes. Wifi adapters on USB cables add latency and can slow down internet speeds.

22 minutes ago, Teh0AisLMAO said:

Ethernet cable would probably work better but that mean I have to spend more to reach the router.

Your house is brick. Are your floors? If yes, just drill a hole in your floor. If you want

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Core i3-8100 (Thanks, @Schnoz!)

GTX 1060 OC 3GB or Intel UHD 630

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page