Why US Version of Samsung Flagship Series uses Qualcomm Processors instead of Samsung's In-house Exynos Chips?

CRWND_12

So I was planning to buy a Samsung's Flagship Phone, which is the new Galaxy S21 Ultra and it leaves a mind boggling question. I was just curious why in our region (In Southeast Asia, specifically Philippines) was using their in-house Exynos 2100 processor while in U.S. uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888. Is there any big factors that made Samsung use Qualcomm instead of their in-house chip? And what specifically model of S21 Ultra should I buy?

23 minutes ago, CRWND_12 said:

So I was planning to buy a Samsung's Flagship Phone, which is the new Galaxy S21 Ultra and it leaves a mind boggling question. I was just curious why in our region (In Southeast Asia, specifically Philippines) was using their in-house Exynos 2100 processor while in U.S. uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888. Is there any big factors that made Samsung use Qualcomm instead of their in-house chip? And what specifically model of S21 Ultra should I buy?

From what I have heard is Samsung has an on going agreement with Qualcomm, It a very long term agreement so they cant use their chips in the US. Not sure if that will ever change. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

The Qualcomm is far superior than the Samsung Exynos you can check the benchmarks.

2 hours ago, CRWND_12 said:

In addition to possible contractual obligations, it might also be a question of diversifying supply. Samsung doesn't have to worry so much about shortages.

I would lean toward the Snapdragon version of the Galaxy S21 Ultra, but don't fret if you have to get the Exynos version. The performance and battery life are considerably closer this year than in the past. The only thing I don't like right now is that the Exynos might throttle sooner, but that only really matters if you're going to be playing intensive mobile games for long periods.