New Illinois Bill Could Ban Violent Video Games Containing 'Psychological Harm' or 'Carjacking'

Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

lmfao, this is literally a release for most people, go and kill people online so you don't in person. people don't see a murder in a video game and kill someone in real life, yet people have staged whole murders to mimic movie plots, what the fuck!?

1 minute ago, Tristerin said:

A small community can self Govern is a better sentence.

What the fuck was this second sentence?

Morality is fickle, people are fickle - I trust my morality, not yours or others.  Mine has served me right, well, and correctly whereas you clearly need a system to keep you in check.

Society works?  Boy your definition of works and controlled Chaos are different than mine.  Also its thicc with 2 c's tyvm.

You don't want to live in society ? well guess what you are free to go but naked to Antarctica and live there all by urself, because all the things that you conveniently are using right now was provided to you by the society.

For there to be a society there has to be a goverment of some sort. for your thicc(2c's) brain to understand. Someone has to control chaos for you to be alive.

26 minutes ago, Exty said:

You don't want to live in society ? well guess what you are free to go but naked to Antarctica and live there all by urself, because all the things that you conveniently are using right now was provided to you by the society.

For there to be a society there has to be a goverment of some sort. for your thicc(2c's) brain to understand. Someone has to control chaos for you to be alive.

Sigh

You keep doing you bud.  

Im going to keep doing me.

Ill see you on the other side.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

2 minutes ago, aPCdreamer said:

woah, what happened here?

Not sure, but it looks a case of of someone mistaken what another Poster is actually saying vs what he thinks that person is saying.

Personally I refuse to let other people to tell me what my thoughts should be, or force me to follow any Morality that isn't Reality Based.

11 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

There's a side quest "gig" in Cyberpunk 2077 I came across that would definitely be a psychological trigger for some people.. 

What's the gig? I'm currently trying to complete most if not all of them before advancing to the final mission on my second play through.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The problem is squarely with the politicians and the electorate of Illinois. No one wants to take ownership of the problem at a personal level (like rising good family members with values). Ohhh noooo, can't do that. Might offend someone! So, it's pawned off as a SEP (Someone Else's Problem).

Oh look, our favorite scapegoat - Video Games! 

29 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

What's the gig? I'm currently trying to complete most if not all of them before advancing to the final mission on my second play through.

It's called "Dirty Biz." given by Regina. There's shards and emails on a computer that you can find in the building that might be the triggers for some. I had also looked it up for discussions in Reddit to get others' opinions on the gig and their gameplay decisions.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

20 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

It's called "Dirty Biz." given by Regina. There's shards and emails on a computer that you can find in the building that might be the triggers for some. I had also looked it up for discussions in Reddit to get others' opinions on the gig and their gameplay decisions.

Ah yeah that one. I think I killed both of those dudes.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 hour ago, Exty said:

This is the kind of - for lack of a better word - bootlicking that authoritarian governments in the third world can only dream of. By this logic, the government that governs most will provide the most for its citizens. Some governments that governed the most were/are Soviet Russia, Communist China, and North Korea. How did that work out for their citizens?

America, by comparison, is one of the more libertarian countries, and it's exceptionally wealthy on a per-capita basis. If you want to judge the degree of liberty from excessive governance, the State of World Liberty index is a good place to start. Here are the top-ranking countries for 2020.

image.png.852892bdb2274a2a2f78b8bf1d644149.png

Most of these countries have the highest wealth per capita, and the highest living standards in the world. 

9 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Classic deflection tactics used in politics to look like you're trying to do something and gain supporters.

The real problems (poverty, drug abuse, mental & physical abuse, mental heath issues) are too difficult to fix so instead they focus on the easy targets that they know don't really have a huge impact in reality but will have a huge impact in the media and on their public image.

What baffles me is how these people don't know about Jack Thompson and how it all ended for him.

I feel like there are some low hanging fruit like maybe not having public school funding based on property taxes. Idk who thought that would be a fair system to ensure everyone is offered the same level of education. Also making weed legal would be another good thing to do at this point. No reason to put people in jail for such a stupid reason as weed. 

9 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

This is the kind of - for lack of a better word - bootlicking that authoritarian governments in the third world can only dream of. By this logic, the government that governs most will provide the most for its citizens. Some governments that governed the most were/are Soviet Russia, Communist China, and North Korea. How did that work out for their citizens?

America, by comparison, is one of the more libertarian countries, and it's exceptionally wealthy on a per-capita basis. If you want to judge the degree of liberty from excessive governance, the State of World Liberty index is a good place to start. Here are the top-ranking countries for 2020.

image.png.852892bdb2274a2a2f78b8bf1d644149.png

Most of these countries have the highest wealth per capita, and the highest living standards in the world. 

what are you talking about? all of these countries are governed just in a different way. I am not for excessive governing or dictatorship. But in my posts I'm only attacking the whole premise that guy was putting up as in the world should be lawless survival off the fittest kind of vibes. The whole point is that a world we live in can not exist without a government or someone in charge.

2 minutes ago, Exty said:

The whole point is that a world we live in can not exist without a government or someone in charge.

An axiomatic truth of life: "nature abhors a vacuum"

Indeed.

10 hours ago, Tristerin said:

So I took a step back while typing that - I literally practice BJJ 5 times a week or more, and we jokingly call it simulated murder in the safest way possible.  Wonder when they will attack that industry (martial arts, etc) - the funny thing is, the more I grow in BJJ, the more I abhor using violence - with great power comes great responsibility.

... Man, I don't know how long you've been training BJJ for, but this is one of the white-beltiest things I've heard someone on the internet say, and I've met a lot of online BJJ white belts who've said a lot of cringey things. Berimboloing your grandmother into a collar choke doesn't make you a navy seal.

32 minutes ago, Exty said:

what are you talking about? all of these countries are governed just in a different way. I am not for excessive governing or dictatorship. But in my posts I'm only attacking the whole premise that guy was putting up as in the world should be lawless survival off the fittest kind of vibes. The whole point is that a world we live in can not exist without a government or someone in charge.

I don't agree with him either! I was just pointing out that your line of reasoning could lead to a dark place.

Also, although I'm no representative of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or MMA, I'll take a stap at an apology on that dude's behalf. People who are very new to the sport get a misplaced power high, often saying hillbilly-ish things like that and trying to show off their 'toughness'. 

15 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

... Man, I don't know how long you've been training BJJ for, but this is one of the white-beltiest things I've heard someone on the internet say, and I've met a lot of online BJJ white belts who've said a lot of cringey things. Berimboloing your grandmother into a collar choke doesn't make you a navy seal.

10 years, 2 stripe purple belt lineage is Royler Gracie, Keith Robinson, Me

Capoeira was invented for the same reason I just stated that you quoted me on.  They didnt want the people knowing how to fight.  Guess it happens.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

13 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I don't agree with him either! I was just pointing out that your line of reasoning could lead to a dark place.

Also, although I'm no representative of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or MMA, I'll take a stap at an apology on that dude's behalf. People who are very new to the sport get a misplaced power high, often saying hillbilly-ish things like that and trying to show off their toughness. 

How long have you been training, I love BJJ and Ive heard plenty of white belt shit, talking about reality of jiu jitsu isnt white belt shit, Im not TRYING to be a tough guy just because I bring up jiu jitsu on a PC forum.

EDIT - if you train BJJ you know there is no misplaced higher power.  With great power comes great responsibility.

11 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Also, although I'm no representative of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or MMA, I'll take a stap at an apology on that dude's behalf. People who are very new to the sport get a misplaced power high, often saying hillbilly-ish things like that and trying to show off their toughness. 

i can see your side aswell, i am originaly from Lithuania the 19th on the list you provided and now i live in united states 15th on the list. So my view of the world is really broad. The retorics the person was spouting about was very political based and that is why i went on him. Maybe i should of not called him a loser, that was uncalled for, but the first thing he did was try to derail the whole issue here and try to pin it to the governing, when its clearly the lack of that its even a thing. and if you are reading this and are like wth is he talking about, its ok. Sometimes it takes me few times to read my own thoughts to understand what i mean because im not really good at proper grammar.

14 hours ago, Spotty said:

GTA VI: All vehicles are unoccupied self driving cars. Problem solved.

10 years later in Chicago - "Wait, why are all our self driving cars being stolen?"

FairImpishEwe-small.gif

12 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

How long have you been training, I love BJJ and Ive heard plenty of white belt shit, talking about reality of jiu jitsu isnt white belt shit, Im not TRYING to be a tough guy just because I bring up jiu jitsu on a PC forum.

No. This kind of talk is what makes you seem like that. 

10 hours ago, Tristerin said:

As usual I need no King, Lord, Leader, President, Official, God, or otherwise to sit on its throne creating rules and regulations for me, as a free man.

I literally practice BJJ 5 times a week or more, and we jokingly call it simulated murder with great power comes great responsibility.

3 hours ago, Tristerin said:

See as a free man, I do not view things like you - Allowed - wtf is that?  Allowed.  Ha!  That doesnt even enter my vocabulary in terms of what I can or cant do. 

I speed regularly

As we say in fighting - if the ref didnt see it, its legal.

You're not going to eye-gouge your way into an anarchist utopia where you gogoplata baddies and point your guns at political dissidents in heel hooks. Why are you telling him how much you fight, the illegal things you do to opponents, and the guns you own? Talking down to other people while worshipping yourself as a 'free man', is not cool. It's insecure.

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

No. This kind of talk is what makes you seem like that. 

You're not going to eye-gouge your way into an anarchist utopia where you gogoplata baddies and point your guns at political dissidents in heel hooks. Talking down to other people while worshipping yourself as a 'free man', is not cool. It's insecure.

Talking down to people?  Laugh.  Gotcha bud.

6 minutes ago, Exty said:

i can see your side aswell, i am originaly from Lithuania the 19th on the list you provided and now i live in united states 15th on the list. So my view of the world is really broad. The retorics the person was spouting about was very political based and that is why i went on him. Maybe i should of not called him a loser, that was uncalled for, but the first thing he did was try to derail the whole issue here and try to pin it to the governing, when its clearly the lack of that its even a thing. and if you are reading this and are like wth is he talking about, its ok. Sometimes it takes me few times to read my own thoughts to understand what i mean because im not really good at proper grammar.

Oh, cheers! I have a lot of close friends from Lithuania, one of whom migrated to the US. I grew up in a very poor country - India - with very harsh periods of authoritarianism. The general attitude here is that governance - however dictatorial - is a necessary evil, and we've been having a really sad and violent hyper-nationalist takeover, so I tend to be very cautious about that line of reasoning. 

I also have friends from China who are fighting tooth and nail to migrate to the US, which of course their government does not encourage, and they feel the same way.

Your grammar is very good. Is your first language Lithuanian? Labas vakaras!

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Oh, cheers! I have a lot of close friends from Lithuania, one of whom migrated to the US. I grew up in a very poor country - India - with very harsh periods of authoritarianism. The general attitude here is that governance - however dictatorial - is a necessary evil, and we've been having a really sad and violent hyper-nationalist takeover, so I tend to be very cautious about that line of reasoning. 

I also have friends from China who are fighting tooth and nail to migrate to the US, which of course their government does not encourage, and they feel the same way.

Your grammar is very good. Is your first language Lithuanian? Labas vakaras!

Yes it is Lithuanian. I would say it goes like this? Lithuanian/English/Russian/Polish

Bye bye Minecraft! -Illinois

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users