Everyone gets Nintendo's drifting controller's issue! PS5, PS4, XBox One (incl. Series S/X)! Class action lawsuits to all! End of the world! Panic!

GoodBytes

Oh god this thread is giving me nightmares about CTS pots and Thrustmaster F22 Pro (F16 FLCS) joysticks...

32 minutes ago, Thomas001 said:

Surely they have heard the news, couldn't they just change the manufacturing and get joysticks from a different source? Then the consoles that are being manufactured from the change on would have no problem. Also I thought it was only PS5 with the problem didn't hear about Xbox and the Switch. Also I agree it is unreasonable to complain about the issue on the PS4 since it's so old. Unless it's on new PS4s but, won't Sony discontinue PS4s soon? Would make sense for them to do this from a company standpoint which would force people to purchase the PS5. I don't see any point in people buying the PS4 when the PS5 is here. All people have to do is wait for a chance to buy one.

Then let's say it takes a week for the company to receive samples from 3-5 other manufacturers of such parts. 

Then let's say it takes 3-4 weeks for the engineers to abuse the parts and see how well they handle being into a joystick, test accuracy, how well they report values, how they handle heat, humidity, various environments where these joysticks / gamepads will be used, pick what "feels" best for most people ... and decide on a part as replacement. 

Then let's say it takes a week for the engineer to redesign the circuit board with a new footprint and make a small batch of circuit boards and put the part on them and test it...

Then let's say it takes a week for a pcb factory to manufacture 10-50k circuit boards with the new footprints

Then wait anything between a couple weeks to 3-5 months for the manufacturer to actually produce 10-50k new parts ... few companies keep that many of a part in stock

Then pay up the nose for shipping from asia to us and other countries, because of covid ...

Companies like microsoft and nintendo don't make small batches, they (hopefully) do serious validations especially for parts that take a lot of abuse, and then order parts in the tens of thousands or even higher numbers and that's how they get good prices. 

Something must have gone wrong with those ALPS components, something that was missed during validation, or maybe something changed between the time of the batch that was used for validation and the manufacturing time of the batches that were actually put in products

How come all these issues that are a big deal and I never experience them?

Switch JoyCon drift:

I have a switch bought on launch day never had it. 

AirPods Pro cracking sound:

Have a pair ordered on day one, never had this issue. 

M1 Mac Mini BT connectivity issue:

Not had any problems

Is it that people having a certain issue are loud about it or should I just buy a lottery ticket?