Need suggestions I'm done with Razer...

RiPin

Long story short, since 2011 I've only used razer products.. But after Terrible support and products, I've decided I need a change... I was looking into Corsair specifically, can anyone provide me with their experiences with corsair? Or maybe give other suggestions? I really appreciate it! 

Edit: I'm looking for a Mouse and keyboard specifically. 

2 minutes ago, RiPin said:

can anyone provide me with their experiences with corsair?

yes, dont get their keyboards

i tested 3 corsair KB, all of the keycaps flew away after a few bounce, and two of my friends who bought corsair also had the same complaint

this is because the keycaps are loose on the stems, and so they can crack easily after few presses (happened to one of my friend, the other just spent $50 on a full set aftermarket keycaps)

4 minutes ago, RiPin said:

Or maybe give other suggestions?

what peripherals are we talking about? mice, kb, headset etc?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

so you decided to stick to a brand no matter what until you got fed up and now you want to find another brand to stick to until you get fed up? brand loyalty isn't great for the users, only for the companies. it allows them to create bad products and have bad customer service, just because people keep buying because of the brand.

I can't recommend Corsair or any other brand for that matter, I can recommend specific products when they are good, regardless of brand.

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

so you decided to stick to a brand no matter what until you got fed up and now you want to find another brand to stick to until you get fed up? brand loyalty isn't great for the users, only for the companies. it allows them to create bad products and have bad customer service, just because people keep buying because of the brand.

I can't recommend Corsair or any other brand for that matter, I can recommend specific products when they are good, regardless of brand.

If you have a list of products you recommend I'd more then appreciate it. I'd just not like to have 4 different softwares for my peripherals is all. 

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

yes, dont get their keyboards

i tested 3 corsair KB, all of the keycaps flew away after a few bounce, and two of my friends who bought corsair also had the same complaint

this is because the keycaps are loose on the stems, and so they can crack easily after few presses (happened to one of my friend, the other just spent $50 on a full set aftermarket keycaps)

what peripherals are we talking about? mice, kb, headset etc?

Sorry didn't see your reply first, I'm looking for a new mouse and keyboard! 

2 minutes ago, RiPin said:

new mouse and keyboard

i have logitech mouse (g203) and keyboard(g403) and i'm pretty happy with them. however, it's my first mechanical keyboard, so I don't really have comparison terms for it. 

1 minute ago, RiPin said:

Sorry didn't see your reply first, I'm looking for a new mouse and keyboard! 

I, myself, have had very good experiences with Logitech, but I am sure you can find someone who hasn't.

I currently own the Logitech G Pro TKL for gaming. And I'm using a Logitech G703 as my mouse. Very happy with both.

Been using Logitech mice for a long time now and I've always found them to be decent. At least compared to many others I have tried.

What games do you play?

I have never had any problems with Logitech. Right now i'm using a G Pro mouse and a G915 TKL keyboard. Before that i used a G503 mouse and a G910 Keyboard. All are excellent products and Logitech is one of the few that also get the software right. I've had a Corsair K63 Keyboard and a Dark Core RGB SE SE mouse before and while the keyboard is fine, the mouse was terrible in terms of quality. But iCUE is also one of the better software utilities.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, fuzz0r said:

I, myself, have had very good experiences with Logitech, but I am sure you can find someone who hasn't.

I currently own the Logitech G Pro TKL for gaming. And I'm using a Logitech G703 as my mouse. Very happy with both.

Been using Logitech mice for a long time now and I've always found them to be decent. At least compared to many others I have tried.

What games do you play?

Currently just floating around with, Escape from Tarkov, Squad, DCS World, League of Legends, other sim related games. So mix of FPS,Moba,Sims. If everyone here has had good luck recently with Logitech I will take a look then. I really just like Mechanical keyboards and a good weighted mouse.. Plus I'd rather stick to one brand because I'd rather not have 500 different software's installed for each peripheral.

@RiPindo you want brand loyalty or an actual good product for your needs? You shouldn't just follow one brand blindly because of their history. Choose a product that suits u. Anyways enough rant, whats your hand size? From your finger tip to the palm and the tip of your pinky to the tip of your thumb. Also, do you like claw, palm, fingertip or an hybrid of some sort? For the keyboard I'm not really sure as I'm not really into them. 

Just now, Stygian Zenith said:

@RiPindo you want brand loyalty or an actual good product for your needs? You shouldn't just follow one brand blindly because of their history. Choose a product that suits u. Anyways enough rant, whats your hand size? From your finger tip to the palm and the tip of your pinky to the tip of your thumb. Also, do you like claw, palm, fingertip or an hybrid of some sort? For the keyboard I'm not really sure as I'm not really into them. 

From middle finger tip to middle of Palm 5 1/2 inches. Pinky to thumb 4 inches. I'm more of a palm person with arm moving instead of wrist aiming. 

4 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@RiPinSorry my bad forgot to mention I'm not American and use cm LOL. 

13.97 cm middle finger to palm. 10.16 cm pinky to thumb.

@RiPinHave you considered the cooler master mm720? The mm720 shape is really unique and not something you'll find anywhere. for your tiny hands, you'll be able to palm this comfortably. I

3 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@RiPinHave you considered the cooler master mm720? The mm720 shape is really unique and not something you'll find anywhere. for your tiny hands, you'll be able to palm this comfortably. I

Did I measure incorrectly. I'm a XL in glove size I have big hands 😛

My take on that would be the glorious model O or model D depending if you want symmetrical or ergo shaped mouse ... also xtrfy makes good mouses ... the m4 is ergo and the m42 is symmetrical. 

For the keyboard I would suggest the glorious gmmk with a set of switches of your liking and some nice doubleshot pbt keycaps ... the gmmk is hotswappable so if there's a switch that break you just pop it out and put another in there ... also it's easy to change them all to try something else without buying a whole new keyboard. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

I've also had bad experience with Razer (deathadder mouse, both my original and replacement broke under a year) and have read of terrible qc issues with a range of their products. Logitech is regarded as a good brand but while my g502 mouse is going strong 5 years later, I've personally owned two other mice from logitech (anywhere mx and g702 marathon) whose switches stopped working. I've also read of switch double click failure on their newer and $100+ mice as well. Alex Kenis goes into great detail as to why this is here on youtube. TLDW: the higher polling rate of many of the modern mice becomes an issue later. When the switch wears out some of the extra "noise" (due to age) in the signal from clicking the switch is picked up by a high polling rate.

My non-popular opinion for mice is that they're very much a consumable item so buy one that's cheap but from a recognizable brand. An exaggerated example is my microsoft mobile mouse which was dirt cheap still runs like a champ almost 10 years later. I'm currently experimenting with an Asus rog strix carry mouse which has replaceable switches! (Don't buy this one though, it weighs like a ton of bricks.)

As for keyboards, what @Dr0ymentioned should be a good keyboard. Hot swappable switches mean in the very rare chance a switch breaks, just pop it out and replace it. There's way too many switches to choose from but if you're going the clicky route, Kailh makes good click-bar switches. Kailh box white is a cherry blue equivalent. Box jades are more clicky. Alpaca switches are great smooth linears. Glorious pandas are great for tactility. I've omitted very expensive switches like tealios or zealios.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB