Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need suggestions I'm done with Razer...

Long story short, since 2011 I've only used razer products.. But after Terrible support and products, I've decided I need a change... I was looking into Corsair specifically, can anyone provide me with their experiences with corsair? Or maybe give other suggestions? I really appreciate it! 

 

Edit: I'm looking for a Mouse and keyboard specifically. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RiPin said:

can anyone provide me with their experiences with corsair?

yes, dont get their keyboards

 

i tested 3 corsair KB, all of the keycaps flew away after a few bounce, and two of my friends who bought corsair also had the same complaint

this is because the keycaps are loose on the stems, and so they can crack easily after few presses (happened to one of my friend, the other just spent $50 on a full set aftermarket keycaps)

 

4 minutes ago, RiPin said:

Or maybe give other suggestions?

what peripherals are we talking about? mice, kb, headset etc?

My PC: Desky | Beddie | Miney 01 | Money 01 | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

so you decided to stick to a brand no matter what until you got fed up and now you want to find another brand to stick to until you get fed up? brand loyalty isn't great for the users, only for the companies. it allows them to create bad products and have bad customer service, just because people keep buying because of the brand.

I can't recommend Corsair or any other brand for that matter, I can recommend specific products when they are good, regardless of brand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

so you decided to stick to a brand no matter what until you got fed up and now you want to find another brand to stick to until you get fed up? brand loyalty isn't great for the users, only for the companies. it allows them to create bad products and have bad customer service, just because people keep buying because of the brand.

I can't recommend Corsair or any other brand for that matter, I can recommend specific products when they are good, regardless of brand.

If you have a list of products you recommend I'd more then appreciate it. I'd just not like to have 4 different softwares for my peripherals is all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

yes, dont get their keyboards

 

i tested 3 corsair KB, all of the keycaps flew away after a few bounce, and two of my friends who bought corsair also had the same complaint

this is because the keycaps are loose on the stems, and so they can crack easily after few presses (happened to one of my friend, the other just spent $50 on a full set aftermarket keycaps)

 

what peripherals are we talking about? mice, kb, headset etc?

Sorry didn't see your reply first, I'm looking for a new mouse and keyboard! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RiPin said:

Sorry didn't see your reply first, I'm looking for a new mouse and keyboard! 

I, myself, have had very good experiences with Logitech, but I am sure you can find someone who hasn't.


I currently own the Logitech G Pro TKL for gaming. And I'm using a Logitech G703 as my mouse. Very happy with both.

Been using Logitech mice for a long time now and I've always found them to be decent. At least compared to many others I have tried.

 

What games do you play?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never had any problems with Logitech. Right now i'm using a G Pro mouse and a G915 TKL keyboard. Before that i used a G503 mouse and a G910 Keyboard. All are excellent products and Logitech is one of the few that also get the software right. I've had a Corsair K63 Keyboard and a Dark Core RGB SE SE mouse before and while the keyboard is fine, the mouse was terrible in terms of quality. But iCUE is also one of the better software utilities.

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List

 

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 with Phanteks Halos Lux RGB Frames - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitor: LG 27GN950-B - (For HDR Games: LG C9 OLED 55") - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915, Corsair K63 Wireless + Lapboard - Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600Ohm - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @1000RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 39°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fuzz0r said:

I, myself, have had very good experiences with Logitech, but I am sure you can find someone who hasn't.


I currently own the Logitech G Pro TKL for gaming. And I'm using a Logitech G703 as my mouse. Very happy with both.

Been using Logitech mice for a long time now and I've always found them to be decent. At least compared to many others I have tried.

 

What games do you play?

Currently just floating around with, Escape from Tarkov, Squad, DCS World, League of Legends, other sim related games. So mix of FPS,Moba,Sims. If everyone here has had good luck recently with Logitech I will take a look then. I really just like Mechanical keyboards and a good weighted mouse.. Plus I'd rather stick to one brand because I'd rather not have 500 different software's installed for each peripheral.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@RiPindo you want brand loyalty or an actual good product for your needs? You shouldn't just follow one brand blindly because of their history. Choose a product that suits u. Anyways enough rant, whats your hand size? From your finger tip to the palm and the tip of your pinky to the tip of your thumb. Also, do you like claw, palm, fingertip or an hybrid of some sort? For the keyboard I'm not really sure as I'm not really into them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stygian Zenith said:

@RiPindo you want brand loyalty or an actual good product for your needs? You shouldn't just follow one brand blindly because of their history. Choose a product that suits u. Anyways enough rant, whats your hand size? From your finger tip to the palm and the tip of your pinky to the tip of your thumb. Also, do you like claw, palm, fingertip or an hybrid of some sort? For the keyboard I'm not really sure as I'm not really into them. 

From middle finger tip to middle of Palm 5 1/2 inches. Pinky to thumb 4 inches. I'm more of a palm person with arm moving instead of wrist aiming. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@RiPinSorry my bad forgot to mention I'm not American and use cm LOL. 

13.97 cm middle finger to palm. 10.16 cm pinky to thumb.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@RiPinHave you considered the cooler master mm720? The mm720 shape is really unique and not something you'll find anywhere. for your tiny hands, you'll be able to palm this comfortably. I

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@RiPinHave you considered the cooler master mm720? The mm720 shape is really unique and not something you'll find anywhere. for your tiny hands, you'll be able to palm this comfortably. I

Did I measure incorrectly. I'm a XL in glove size I have big hands 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites

My take on that would be the glorious model O or model D depending if you want symmetrical or ergo shaped mouse ... also xtrfy makes good mouses ... the m4 is ergo and the m42 is symmetrical. 

 

For the keyboard I would suggest the glorious gmmk with a set of switches of your liking and some nice doubleshot pbt keycaps ... the gmmk is hotswappable so if there's a switch that break you just pop it out and put another in there ... also it's easy to change them all to try something else without buying a whole new keyboard. 

I7 4770 non K

Sapphire nitro+ RX 590 SE

16 gig of G.Skill DDR3 at 1600 MHz 9-9-9-24

Asus Z97-A USB 3.0

Corsair HX 850 gold semi-modular PSU

Noctua NH-U12S with a second noctua NF-F12 fan
Antec 302 with stock antec 120mm and 140 mm as exhaust

1x Noctua NF-A12x15 as side exhaust

2x Noctua NF-S12A as intake

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb SSD

Toshiba DT01ADA200 2 Tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache

Logitech G305

GMMK tkl barebones with kailh speed copper and blank pbt dsa profile keycap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also had bad experience with Razer (deathadder mouse, both my original and replacement broke under a year) and have read of terrible qc issues with a range of their products. Logitech is regarded as a good brand but while my g502 mouse is going strong 5 years later, I've personally owned two other mice from logitech (anywhere mx and g702 marathon) whose switches stopped working. I've also read of switch double click failure on their newer and $100+ mice as well. Alex Kenis goes into great detail as to why this is here on youtube. TLDW: the higher polling rate of many of the modern mice becomes an issue later. When the switch wears out some of the extra "noise" (due to age) in the signal from clicking the switch is picked up by a high polling rate.

My non-popular opinion for mice is that they're very much a consumable item so buy one that's cheap but from a recognizable brand. An exaggerated example is my microsoft mobile mouse which was dirt cheap still runs like a champ almost 10 years later. I'm currently experimenting with an Asus rog strix carry mouse which has replaceable switches! (Don't buy this one though, it weighs like a ton of bricks.)

 

As for keyboards, what @Dr0ymentioned should be a good keyboard. Hot swappable switches mean in the very rare chance a switch breaks, just pop it out and replace it. There's way too many switches to choose from but if you're going the clicky route, Kailh makes good click-bar switches. Kailh box white is a cherry blue equivalent. Box jades are more clicky. Alpaca switches are great smooth linears. Glorious pandas are great for tactility. I've omitted very expensive switches like tealios or zealios.

 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×