Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need opinions on this pre-built pc

I was planning to build a pc early 2021 but due to the gpu shortage I can't find any RTX 20-30 or RX 50-60 graphics card for a reasonable price. So far only decent pre-built pc I come across in my country is this one on the screenshot. All the newer gpu pre-built pcs are way too expensive.

I am planning to get a pc I will use for a year or two before I upgrade to last gen. Is this system powerful enough to carry me through next year or should I wait couple months and build a pc with better hardware.

Untitled.png

If you can wait a bit with no serious downsides?  You'll be better off waiting, and getting something better.

Spending money twice won't help

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Build Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What are you gonna use it for?

In my opinion is a great MID-Tier, last(last) summer PC. Just the DDR4 3866 OC, is misleading a bit, but otherwise is very good, again for MID-Tier.

If its a deal get it, because I don't think, GPU shortages will be over, in the next few months. But if this will effect the budget of your NEW PC....

5 hours ago, Jassen said:

What are you gonna use it for?

In my opinion is a great MID-Tier, last(last) summer PC. Just the DDR4 3866 OC, is misleading a bit, but otherwise is very good, again for MID-Tier.

If its a deal get it, because I don't think, GPU shortages will be over, in the next few months. But if this will effect the budget of your NEW PC....

I'll use it for games mainly.
If I buy this system instead of building a new one next year I am planning to upgrade this over time. But I'm not sure if it is a system worth upgrading. What I plan is I'll use it for a year or two then upgrade gpu to a newer gpu, gtx 3000 or rx 6000 and later upgrading my cpu and motherboard. I need some opinions on this, since I don't think I'll be able to get my hands on newer gpus anytime soon. 

By the way I'm not aiming for 4k, I'll most likely use a 1080p monitor or 1440p at best case. Right now my machine is i5 7200U and gt940mx laptop so I don't have high standards.

So, first things first, the highest you can go for a CPU, is 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen, so what you have as a CPU will only be upgradable by the highest Ryzen 9 3950x, because for games, the cores, above 4-6 don't matter that much, only the clock speed. And the highest Ryzen 9 3rd gen, with its 16cores, will keep its price for a wale.

2 Years wait for a good deal, on a 3k NV or 6k AMD, I think is reasonable.

But yeah, basically, in 2 years time you'll need a new MB/CPU, no point in upgrading the current. 

The 1660 TI will handle 1080p, at higher setting, for 1440p it might struggle with the latest AAA titles, but with a bit less eye candy should be fine.

Bottom line, get a descent 1080p monitor, nothing fancy, because a 1440p High Refresh G-synk, won't look good, with 60-70 FPS@1440p, or god forbid 144p@1080p.

O and don't cheap out on PSU, don't take 1000watts either, but currently this build doesen't need more than 500-550W, if you aim for 3060/70 then 650-750W.

How much is it?

I think you shouldn't buy a new PC you didn't want in the first place, just to build a new system as soon as the new hardware is available, especially if you have a limited budget. 
It is also not really environmental friendly.

Upgrading the pre-built system will most likely end in just building a new one. The mainboard is pretty cheap. I think the PSU won't be the best either so you will have to change that when buying a new GPU. Then, higher RAM speeds are suggested so you change that etc. etc. etc. 

Also...why is there RTX in the Specs?