Is my 2080 Super Dying?

BenKrapohl
Go to solution Solved by BenKrapohl,

Hi yall, Ive ran into an issue and was looking to see if anyone maybe had a solution to try. Im pretty sure its hardware related but I figured id ask the fourm before I try and send it in for repair.

Rundown: My setup runs 4 monitors on my ROG-STRIX-RTX2080S and has ran fine for about 8 months now. I started having an issue with the bottom HDMI port where occasionally the monitor plugged into it would start to flicker when id watch a video or sometimes just randomly. Id un plug and plug back in and it was usually fine. But just a few days ago it now no matter what will flicker the screen. By flicker I mean that the monitor will stay on and work perfectly for about 5-10 seconds, then go black for a few seconds come back on. Then occasionally will screen tear when its just looking at the desktop. As well occasionally different colored lines will run through the screen. Ive tried different monitors, different cables, and reseated the GPU. Not sure what the issue is. Would love to get any advice before I try and get it fixed from asus. Thanks! 

System Specs

R9 3900X OC to 4.3 all core

128gb DDR4 3600

Asus ROG-STRIX-RTX2080S

Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard

Rosewill 750 W 80+ Gold

Hi yall, Ive ran into an issue and was looking to see if anyone maybe had a solution to try. Im pretty sure its hardware related but I figured id ask the fourm before I try and send it in for repair.

Rundown: My setup runs 4 monitors on my ROG-STRIX-RTX2080S and has ran fine for about 8 months now. I started having an issue with the bottom HDMI port where occasionally the monitor plugged into it would start to flicker when id watch a video or sometimes just randomly. Id un plug and plug back in and it was usually fine. But just a few days ago it now no matter what will flicker the screen. By flicker I mean that the monitor will stay on and work perfectly for about 5-10 seconds, then go black for a few seconds come back on. Then occasionally will screen tear when its just looking at the desktop. As well occasionally different colored lines will run through the screen. Ive tried different monitors, different cables, and reseated the GPU. Not sure what the issue is. Would love to get any advice before I try and get it fixed from asus. Thanks! 

System Specs

R9 3900X OC to 4.3 all core

128gb DDR4 3600

Asus ROG-STRIX-RTX2080S

Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard

Rosewill 750 W 80+ Gold

Sounds like a hardware issue.
One thing you could try, is downloading MSI afterburner and lowering the power target.
This may fix the problem, and if it does, your GPU would be at fault

CPU: 2x E5620 - GPU: 2x GTX660 - RAM: 64gb DDR3 ECC - Mobo: Z800 OEM - Storage:1TB WD Green - 256gb - Micron C400 250gb - 850 EVO - 512gb 850 PRO
Monitors: 3x HP ZR2440W - Keyboard: G710 MX Blue - Mouse: MX Master

Keep up the good tone and stay classyxD