Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pls help me choose between these two laptops 馃槬

I fount two laptops that i finally could afford but one has a high refresh rate monitor but a gtx 1650 and the other has a gtx 1660Ti but a 60hz screen .

All i want to do is game and i know that both processors are similar in performance although one is 6cores and the other is 8 but that wouldn't effect the gaming performance of them anyway.

Screenshot_20210223_150528_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210223_150613_com.android.chrome.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Slim_but not_shady said:

I fount two laptops that i finally could afford but one has a high refresh rate monitor but a gtx 1650 and the other has a gtx 1660Ti but a 60hz screen .

All i want to do is game and i know that both processors are similar in performance although one is 6cores and the other is 8 but that wouldn't effect the gaming performance of them anyway.

Screenshot_20210223_150528_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210223_150613_com.android.chrome.jpg

If聽you ever plan on attaching the 1660 ti laptop to an external high refresh display, that would be hands down the better option, as it should be better than the 1650, but I think for now if the only thing that matters to you is the screen,聽the other one makes more sense.

Having said that, there are a lot more things to consider, such as total power draw by the cards, and the cooling in the laptops, and even the primary display quality. So, please look up the reviews for these as a lot of factors are involved.

Also, I don't know the prices of these, but you could also check out the Lenovo Legion 5 with the Ryzen processor, which is probably around the same price range, it has a wonderful build and a good cooling,聽it has multiple configs, and you could pick and choose as you want. (The 120 Hz screen option is not recommended generally as it has only 250 nits of brightness).

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for聽a reply. 馃檪

Link to post
Share on other sites

The HP Pavilion is better than the other in all perspectives except the 144hz screen. It is nice to have the 144hz, but better performance is actually better. It's quite hard to reach 144 fps with a GTX 1650 alone.

There are also laptops out there with 100+hz screens and a better configuration. Perhaps you could also look into the one with a GTX 1650 Ti. Sometimes even a deal comes by with a RTX 2060 in it, yet in this time it's very rare though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

If聽you ever plan on attaching the 1660 ti laptop to an external high refresh display, that would be hands down the better option, as it should be better than the 1650, but I think for now if the only thing that matters to you is the screen,聽the other one makes more sense.

Having said that, there are a lot more things to consider, such as total power draw by the cards, and the cooling in the laptops, and even the primary display quality. So, please look up the reviews for these as a lot of factors are involved.

Also, I don't know the prices of these, but you could also check out the Lenovo Legion 5 with the Ryzen processor, which is probably around the same price range, it has a wonderful build and a good cooling,聽it has multiple configs, and you could pick and choose as you want. (The 120 Hz screen option is not recommended generally as it has only 250 nits of brightness).

I watched a lot of reviews about these two laptops a none of them specifically talks about power consumption or screen quality and both of them have good thermals .

I found the legion 5 that youre talking about it comes with a 144hz ,聽1660ti and聽an AMD Ryzen R5-4600H but with a a significally higher cost than the others .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slim_but not_shady said:

I watched a lot of reviews about these two laptops a none of them specifically talks about power consumption or screen quality and both of them have good thermals .

I found the legion 5 that youre talking about it comes with a 144hz ,聽1660ti and聽an AMD Ryzen R5-4600H but with a a significally higher cost than the others .

Okay, I see. In any case, I'd probably recommend the one with the better CPU GPU etc etc...

Oh, and BTW, that's one of the configs for Legion 5, there are plenty with 1650, and other GPU's and CPU's too, although I don't remember the exact configs. Thanks for informing me about the price difference tho.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for聽a reply. 馃檪

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now