GTX 1650 Super or 1660 or 1660 Super for After Effects (1440p and some 4K)

_Yoink_

GTX 1650 Super or 1660 or 1660 Super for Adobe After Effects (1440p and some 4K)

Which one should I choose? My budget is around £200 but can be stretched a bit.

I would say the best that you can get. In this case I would say the 1660 super. because more VRAM is always good. especially in AE. But what is the rest of your system CPU? RAM? 

27 minutes ago, Skykiller said:

I would say the best that you can get. In this case I would say the 1660 super. because more VRAM is always good. especially in AE. But what is the rest of your system CPU? RAM? 

My specs are:

CPU - i5 10400F

GPU - GTX 1050 Ti

RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz

Storage - 1TB HDD (Going to get a 500GB SSD Samsung 970 Evo plus)

9 minutes ago, _Yoink_ said:

GTX 1650 Super or 1660 or 1660 Super for Adobe After Effects (1440p and some 4K)

Which one should I choose? My budget is around £200 but can be stretched a bit.

You know what? If you can get a better last generation card (which would have more CUDA cores and more VRAM) it would be better than a newer card. If you can get a used card much higher in the lineup for around the same price, that'd be much much better.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

1 minute ago, AnirbanG007 said:

You know what? If you can get a better last generation card (which would have more CUDA cores and more VRAM) it would be better than a newer card. If you can get a used card much higher in the lineup for around the same price, that'd be much much better.

I was looking into that but didn't have much luck for good or even reasonable prices which is why I am looking at these cards.

2 minutes ago, _Yoink_ said:

My specs are:

CPU - i5 10400F

GPU - GTX 1050 Ti

RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz

Storage - 1TB HDD (Going to get a 500GB Samsung Evo plus)

Okay pretty good system. I would get the 1660 or 1660 super. You could take the 1660 and you then maybe have some money left to invest in ssd. Since this will have an great impact in how AE runs and on how fast it can access your data. 

12 minutes ago, Skykiller said:

Okay pretty good system. I would get the 1660 or 1660 super. You could take the 1660 and you then maybe have some money left to invest in ssd. Since this will have an great impact in how AE runs and on how fast it can access your data. 

Ok thanks for your help, will be taking your advise! 🙂

Edit: Another thing that I was looking at was that the 1660 Super has GDDR6 while the 1660 only has GDDR5. Does it really make much of a difference for AE?

14 minutes ago, _Yoink_ said:

Ok thanks for your help, will be taking your advise! 🙂

Edit: Another thing that I was looking at was that the 1660 Super has GDDR6 while the 1660 only has GDDR5. Does it really make much of a difference for AE?

I think faster memory will affect render times, even if it is not much, the time saved will add up over time. Since you're already considering a 1660, I'd say, save up for sometime, and get the super variant. Happy editing. 🙂 

25 minutes ago, _Yoink_ said:

My specs are:

CPU - i5 10400F

GPU - GTX 1050 Ti

RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz

Storage - 1TB HDD (Going to get a 500GB Samsung Evo plus)

You could buy an SN550 from WD, which is a cheap but good budget nvme drive, and is recommended by many people. It has solid performance, although obviously less than the Samsung. You could avoid the Evo Plus and save quite a bit that way, and still have fantastic performance.

2 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

You could buy an SN550 from WD, which is a cheap but good budget nvme drive, and is recommended by many people. It has solid performance, although obviously less than the Samsung. You could avoid the Evo Plus and save quite a bit that way, and still have fantastic performance.

Good point but I have found a very good deal with the samsung evo plus which is why I'm thinking of getting it instead of the WD one. Otherwise, yes I would get the WD.

So in conclusion, I should get a GTX 1660 so that I can put some money into a new 500GB Samsung Evo plus?