Should I get a samsung 860 EVO?

noodlespinbot

Well yeah, it's going to break down eventually but until then you'll have a long livespan and great performance for your money.

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

14 minutes ago, noodlespinbot said:

My asseno drive sucks and I was going to upgrade to a Samsung 860 EVO, but am unsure if it is gonna break down or not.

An 860 Evo is rather pricy, and no it's not going to break down, SSD's are way more durable than HDD's. However, if you wanna cut some costs, and get similar performance, I'd rather recommend the MX500 from Crucial, which is what I have. And don't worry about SSD endurance, these are all way sturdy, unless you get a defective piece that is.

Another thing, if you plan on cloning your drive, it is better to get the Samsung despite the higher cost because the Magician software works flawlessly, and is guaranteed to work everytime.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

3 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

An 860 Evo is rather pricy, and no it's not going to break down, SSD's are way more durable than HDD's. However, if you wanna cut some costs, and get similar performance, I'd rather recommend the MX500 from Crucial, which is what I have. And don't worry about SSD endurance, these are all way sturdy, unless you get a defective piece that is.

Another thing, if you plan on cloning your drive, it is better to get the Samsung despite the higher cost because the Magician software works flawlessly, and is guaranteed to work everytime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Solid-State-MZ-76E250B-EU/dp/B078WQJXNF/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=250gb%2Bssd&qid=1614079373&sr=8-7&th=1

It's on a sale so this is cheaper and, also, i do plan on cloning it.

My 840 Evo 120G is 8 years old and its still running fine. Just be aware of what you are doing on a SSD, I personally never keep my "Downloads" folder on my ssd.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, noodlespinbot said:

Okay, I see. BTW, how much is a 500 GB mx500 going for? Also, I would recommend you to not clone unless you have to. There's nothing wrong with cloning, it's just that a fresh Windows install is a good thing any day everyday.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

-> Moved to Storage Devices

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv