• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX550 for R5 3600 and 1660 Super?

Will this be enough for OC too?

Or should I get the CX650?

Also won't be upgrading anytime soon.

550W is more than enough for a 3600 + 1660 super, plus OC

no specific comment about the specific model of PSU, but it's a tier B unit so it should do just fine for your needs

My PC: Desky | Beddie | Miney 01 | Money 01 | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

550W is more than enough for a 3600 + 1660 super, plus OC

no specific comment about the specific model of PSU, but it's a tier B unit so it should do just fine for your needs

Haha thanks. A good tier A Unit costs almost the double of the CX here. So yeah, it's the best I could find according to its price and performance.

1 minute ago, Adyatan said:

Haha thanks. A good tier A Unit costs almost the double of the CX here. So yeah, it's the best I could find according to its price and performance.

for your config I would personally recommend that exact PSU anyways; a Corsair CX550(M)

I'm using a CX550M in one of my rig now, running a R5 3600 + 2070S + 3060 Ti (power limited to 120W per card), though i do not recommend pushing your PSU to the limit like i do, but it gives you the general idea of how capable it is.

My PC: Desky | Beddie | Miney 01 | Money 01 | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

for your config I would personally recommend that exact PSU anyways; a Corsair CX550(M)

I'm using a CX550M in one of my rig now, running a R5 3600 + 2070S + 3060 Ti (power limited to 120W per card), though i do not recommend pushing your PSU to the limit like i do, but it gives you the general idea of how capable it is.

I am afraid to even use the 1660S so probably won't reach your level lol.

I was about to go with the modular version but later saw that it's in Tier C. So I decided to give some extra efforts to manage the cables.