CX550 for R5 3600 and 1660 Super?

Adyatan
Go to solution Solved by Adyatan,

So at the end I had to go for a CX650M as all other units were out of stock. Got it for the price of CX450. Still better than other cheap chinese brands available here. Should be fine for the current setup.

Will this be enough for OC too?

Or should I get the CX650?

Also won't be upgrading anytime soon.

550W is more than enough for a 3600 + 1660 super, plus OC

no specific comment about the specific model of PSU, but it's a tier B unit so it should do just fine for your needs

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

550W is more than enough for a 3600 + 1660 super, plus OC

no specific comment about the specific model of PSU, but it's a tier B unit so it should do just fine for your needs

Haha thanks. A good tier A Unit costs almost the double of the CX here. So yeah, it's the best I could find according to its price and performance.

1 minute ago, Adyatan said:

Haha thanks. A good tier A Unit costs almost the double of the CX here. So yeah, it's the best I could find according to its price and performance.

for your config I would personally recommend that exact PSU anyways; a Corsair CX550(M)

I'm using a CX550M in one of my rig now, running a R5 3600 + 2070S + 3060 Ti (power limited to 120W per card), though i do not recommend pushing your PSU to the limit like i do, but it gives you the general idea of how capable it is.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

for your config I would personally recommend that exact PSU anyways; a Corsair CX550(M)

I'm using a CX550M in one of my rig now, running a R5 3600 + 2070S + 3060 Ti (power limited to 120W per card), though i do not recommend pushing your PSU to the limit like i do, but it gives you the general idea of how capable it is.

I am afraid to even use the 1660S so probably won't reach your level lol.

I was about to go with the modular version but later saw that it's in Tier C. So I decided to give some extra efforts to manage the cables.

• 2 weeks later...

So at the end I had to go for a CX650M as all other units were out of stock. Got it for the price of CX450. Still better than other cheap chinese brands available here. Should be fine for the current setup.