Laptop giveaway - User experience SSD - PNY CS900 or Kingston A400

Boyohan

I am going to give away my old laptop to my younger cousin but before I do that I want to install a new SSD. 

Acer Aspire E5-572G, i5 4210M, Geforce GT 840M

By no means a great (or even good) laptop but he should be able to play simple games like CS:GO etc. 

PNY CS900 480gb: Tier C (Budget)

or 

Kingston A400 480gb: Tier D (OKAYish)

PNY CS900 should be better according to the SSD Tier list but I wanted to know if anyone has first hand experience with these SSDs. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

Realistically with these specs both will be fine. Just go for the cheaper out of these two.

I don't have any experience with these two in particular, but a low-spec laptop is completely fine with any DRAM-less SSD. I've used the Crucial BX500 for low-spec laptops in the past and they work completely fine. Any SSD is better than a HDD.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

Realistically with these specs both will be fine. Just go for the cheaper out of these two.

I don't have any experience with these two in particular, but a low-spec laptop is completely fine with a DRAM-less SSD. I've used the Crucial BX500 for low-spec laptops in the past and they work completely fine.

They both cost 54eur in my country.

I have already ordered the PNY CS900 but I wanted to ask if anyone has had bad experience with this SSD and if I should switch to Kingston A400. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

2 minutes ago, Boyohan said:

They both cost 54eur in my country.

I have already ordered the PNY CS900 but I wanted to ask if anyone has had bad experience with this SSD and if I should switch to Kingston A400. 

From a quick look at the user reviews on Amazon and PCPP i don't see any issues with the PNY CS900.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.