Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Computer Getting Extremely Laggy During Zoom Meeting

Hello,

I've recently started getting some weird lag during a zoom meeting. It happens when someone is sharing their screen. Their screen share and video will run very slowly, like less than a frame per second. Then, that lag/stuttering gets transferred over to the rest of my system. Any and every program lags, there is about a 1.5 second delay between me moving my mouse and it jumping across the screen. 

The steps I've taken so far include reinstalling Zoom, reinstalling my graphics card drivers and reseating my graphics card. 

The cursor lag was so bad this most recent time it happened that I had to press the reset button on my PC to leave my zoom meeting. 

My computer specs are:

Ryzen 5 3600, not overclocked

Asrock b450m steel legend

32gb g. skill trident z 3200

MSI Gaming X 1660Ti 

1TB 970 evo

Thanks for any help!

19 minutes ago, RoamingTundra said:

Hello,

I've recently started getting some weird lag during a zoom meeting. It happens when someone is sharing their screen. Their screen share and video will run very slowly, like less than a frame per second. Then, that lag/stuttering gets transferred over to the rest of my system. Any and every program lags, there is about a 1.5 second delay between me moving my mouse and it jumping across the screen. 

The steps I've taken so far include reinstalling Zoom, reinstalling my graphics card drivers and reseating my graphics card. 

The cursor lag was so bad this most recent time it happened that I had to press the reset button on my PC to leave my zoom meeting. 

My computer specs are:

MSI Gaming X 1660Ti 

1TB 970 evo

Thanks for any help!

interet, internet load might be a issue

20 hours ago, RoamingTundra said:

Hello,

My computer specs are:

MSI Gaming X 1660Ti 

1TB 970 evo

Thanks for any help!

What does Task Manager show during this?

1 hour ago, A.Hruskach said:

What does Task Manager show during this?

It's pretty normal looking. Around 20-30% CPU utilization, and about 20% ram usage, and 0-2% GPU utilization with it showing that Zoom is using the 3D engine. 

• 1 month later...

Any solutions? My case is not that bad but everytime I use Zoom my mouse lags so much. I thought it was my mouse, so I change it, but it is not. The lag stops when the zoom meeting ends. It's really annoying because most of the time during my classes I just browse the web haha. It is like they knew!!! haha