Apple Macs are silently being infected with ultra stealthy malware, on both Intel and M1

rcmaehl

Gotta admit even the malware experience in the Apple ecosystem is optimized and refined. Sure the M1 can be infected with this malware, but how often do you see PC hackers put in the effort and care into compiling optimized versions of their code for the specific hardware?!

On 2/23/2021 at 9:37 AM, DrMacintosh said:

What good PR does Apple get by making a statement every time some new malware is discovered when they can simply stay silent and patch out the malware? 

The direction the Mac is heading is towards the way of the iPhone. Meaning that very soon, their position of “security” is going to be significantly more attainable (to the detriment of power users). 

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I'm not on here a lot these days.

I don't think apple gains anything out of addressing each individual piece of malicious software. It wouldn't accomplish anything.

But when there is a large misconception about a product, that works to the detriment of your own company and your reputation. Perhaps it's worth releasing a statement or a guide that outlines things people can do to keep them safe online. Or the features and reasons to keep unknown sources disabled. Or the real risks of enabling it.

I'm not sure how you would go about doing it, but I'm sure there is someone smart enough at Apple who is much more capable then me, who could do this. 

There are ways of doing this without scaring people away from their platform, whilst also correcting the misinformation.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4