I have a question regarding the PSU I got recently.

Citrusflavour01

Yesterday I got my PSU delivered and I realized I made a mistake! It is 80 Plus Standard 230V EU Certified PSU and in capital letters says MWE WHITE 750. I am not sure this will be any good for my PC build. I want to play games more often once I get my PC up and running and I'm not all sure this PSU will not be able to supply that for me. It's a Single +12V Rail but I think there's much better out there that will work better. I believe it will be good for my casual web browsing and youtube videos but for gaming? Not really.

So should I return this or will it actually be good enough for what I will use it for? Casual 1440p gaming and multitasking. Yes I don't play that much but I want to be able to get the best gaming experience possible when I do game. 

Upgrade in the making

MY CURRENT PC - GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro V2 | Ryzen 9 5900X | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz C16 | RTX 3070 Ti VENTUS 3X | 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe | 1TB SAMSUNG 980 NVMe 3.0 | RM750x Corsair | Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CAPELLIX | Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB 

9 minutes ago, Citrusflavour01 said:

Yesterday I got my PSU delivered and I realized I made a mistake! It is 80 Plus Standard 230V EU Certified PSU and in capital letters says MWE WHITE 750. I am not sure this will be any good for my PC build. I want to play games more often once I get my PC up and running and I'm not all sure this PSU will not be able to supply that for me. It's a Single +12V Rail but I think there's much better out there that will work better. I believe it will be good for my casual web browsing and youtube videos but for gaming? Not really.

So should I return this or will it actually be good enough for what I will use it for? Casual 1440p gaming and multitasking. Yes I don't play that much but I want to be able to get the best gaming experience possible when I do game. 

It all depends on the components in your computer. Can you at least provide the CPU and GPU? Most likely it should be fine. Also, do you use UK plugs? If you don't, the obviously it wouldn't work. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

It will run fine, only with less efficiency (white is the worst certification, but is way better than uncertified chinese OEM)

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

It all depends on the components in your computer. Can you at least provide the CPU and GPU? Most likely it should be fine.

also, nice

1669760180_Screenshot(362).png.f7cf1bba54e3882a4bc52fb83fc1afdc.png

what?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

what?

It looks like they're questioning if it would work under load. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

What are the specs of your PC?

It all depends on the components in your computer. Can you at least provide the CPU and GPU? Most likely it should be fine.

Windows 10

Ryzen 5 5600x

32GB 3600mhz 

RTX 3070

500GB NVMe SSD

Upgrade in the making

MY CURRENT PC - GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro V2 | Ryzen 9 5900X | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz C16 | RTX 3070 Ti VENTUS 3X | 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe | 1TB SAMSUNG 980 NVMe 3.0 | RM750x Corsair | Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CAPELLIX | Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB 

It looks like they're questioning if it would work under load. 

I meant what was the image for?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, Citrusflavour01 said:

Windows 10

Ryzen 5 5600x

32GB 3600mhz 

RTX 3070

500GB NVMe SSD

It should be fine, doing basically whatever. It's not the greatest PSU but for your components it should serve fine even if you're putting them under full load- gaming, rendering, whatever.. You got it in a prebuilt? 

so, wait, what's the mistake you're referring to? are you worried about the wattage or the 80+ cert? because i'm no expert in terms of calculating psu wattage, but for the 5600+3070, you're probably going to be fine. amd claims a tdp for the 5600x of only 65w.

11 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

It should be fine, doing basically whatever. It's not the greatest PSU but for your components it should serve fine even if you're putting them under full load- gaming, rendering, whatever.. You got it in a prebuilt? 

No not prebuilt. Regarding the PSU if I did return it for a MWE Gold, what would be noticeably different? It's actually not that much money in just getting the gold.

Upgrade in the making

20 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I meant what was the image for?

I believe it's because of the transparency of my avatar (that's what I thought)

Upgrade in the making

18 minutes ago, Citrusflavour01 said:

I believe it's because of the transparency of my avatar (that's what I thought)

Nah, it was -1 replays just noticed

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Nah, it was -1 replays just noticed

oh o/

Upgrade in the making

1 hour ago, Citrusflavour01 said:

RTX 3070

No way.  No way in hell.