How to cancel Adobe Plan

I forgot to cancel my premiere pro trial an now adobe have charged £20 to my account. When I tried to cancel, they are charging a £100 cancelation fee. Please someone help

UPDATE: I just got the line with Adobe and they gave me a partial refund. Not what i was hoping, but better than paying 100 smackeroonys in cancellation fees. Thanks for thoose who explained the issue and a special thanks to @Radium_Angel for giving me the idea to contact adobe. And to thoose who made fun of me, karmaa hit hard...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/why-am-i-being-charged-a-cancellation-fee-for-cancelling-my-adobe-software/m-p/9660648#M10044

I'm afraid you should have read the small print when you entered into the contract. Adobe makes it's subscription software available in a number of ways

a) you pay yearly in advance (12 months)

b) you pay monthly and agree to remain a subscriber to the software for a year (12 payments)

c) you pay monthly and are free to cancel at anytime.

Case a) is self explaining. Case c) sounds like case b) except the subscription is far higher. In the case of Photoshop if you subscribe and  wish to cancel at anytime the cost is around $20 per month. You chose case b which committed you to 12 monthly payments in exchange for a lower subscription price of $10/month, when you cancelled early you triggered a penalty clause that requires you to pay 50% of your outstanding subscription for the year.

For example:

If you subscribe to the photographic plan at $10/month you are agreeing to pay Adobe 10x12=$120. Now if you cancel after 4 months you still have 8 months of your contract period to run or 8x10=$80 of payments. The contract requires you to pay 50% of the outstanding contract or $40

How much are you paying per month as a $100 penalty sounds to much for the regular Photographic plan?

If you kept it just 1 month you would have had 11 more payments to make or $110 at $10/month , the penalty for leaving the plan early should have been therefore $55

tl;dr suck it up and pay, no way around it

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, _Obi_Wan_Kenobi_ said:

I forgot to cancel my premiere pro trial an now adobe have charged £20 to my account. When I tried to cancel, they are charging a £100 cancelation fee. Please someone help

What's the reason for the additional fee?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

idk, a cancellation fee

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

See my comment

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

See my comment

When I started the trial, they said if i cancel, i can get my money back within 14 days, they took the £20 yesterday

2 minutes ago, _Obi_Wan_Kenobi_ said:

idk, a cancellation fee

I'd say call them up and contest it, but given Adobe's history, I'd tend to agree with @kelvinhall05 that there is probably no way around it

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, _Obi_Wan_Kenobi_ said:

When I started the trial, they said if i cancel, i can get my money back within 14 days, they took the £20 yesterday

Sounds like you missed the window to cancel. Trial plans are sneaky like that

Just now, _Obi_Wan_Kenobi_ said:

Again, read my post. You finished your trial and started a one-year subscription. You're now out 120 pounds because you can't be bothered to set a reminder to cancel your trial a day or two before it would end...

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'd say call them up and contest it, but given Adobe's history, I'd tend to agree with @kelvinhall05 that there is probably no way around it

how do I contact them, I might as well try

2 minutes ago, _Obi_Wan_Kenobi_ said:

Their site should contain a contact email, or other methods.

22 minutes ago, _Obi_Wan_Kenobi_ said:

They won't do anything lol. You literally agreed to a contract when signing up for a free trial.

Again, read my comment. I still doubt you've thoroughly read it.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

35 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

When you sign up they give you the option of month to month or annual with a discount billed monthly. Sounds like they picked an annual subscription.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

11 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

They won't do anything lol. You literally agreed to a contract when signing up for a free trial.

Again, read my comment. I still doubt you've thoroughly read it.

i have, im not illeterate.

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv