Phanteks P360A stock fans with an AIO

zachb2185

Hi all,

I have a phanteks P360A and I wanted to get an AIO. I'm not sure if I would get it now or in the future, Regardless, I was wondering if anyone here had an answer to a question I had. Does anyone know if I would be sacrificing 240 mm AIO performance if I installed a 240 rad and put the stock phanteks case fans on it? I believe that the fans are phanteks SK120's, but I'm not certain. 

I'd appreciate any help

Thanks 

1 minute ago, zachb2185 said:

Hi all,

I have a phanteks P360A and I wanted to get an AIO. I'm not sure if I would get it now or in the future, Regardless, I was wondering if anyone here had an answer to a question I had. Does anyone know if I would be sacrificing 240 mm AIO performance if I installed a 240 rad and put the stock phanteks case fans on it? I believe that the fans are phanteks SK120's, but I'm not certain. 

I'd appreciate any help

Thanks 

You would be sacrificing a lot of cooling for the rest of the system. Your gpu would be choking with the reduced airflow if you have no front intakes.

2 minutes ago, Hyrogenes said:

You would be sacrificing a lot of cooling for the rest of the system. Your gpu would be choking with the reduced airflow if you have no front intakes.

well I would be mounting the radiator to the front. The only difference would be that there's a radiator on it. 

4 minutes ago, zachb2185 said:

Hi all,

I'd appreciate any help

Thanks 

P360a comes with 2 sk120 pwm fans at the front, you can mount your 240 aio at top for positive airflow. 

Just now, zachb2185 said:

well I would be mounting the radiator to the front. The only difference would be that there's a radiator on it. 

At that point you would be keeping the internal heat a little high especially since you have a non water cooled gpu (im assuming) typically a front mounted radiator is for a custom loop system not aios

1 minute ago, zachb2185 said:

AIO at the front will make good cpu temp, bad on the other component in the case including ram, gpu, ssd etc. 

2 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

AIO at the front will make good cpu temp, bad on the other component in the case including ram, gpu, ssd etc. 

Sounds like it should just be mounted at the top and not the front. I'm just worried I won't have the clearance because of tall RAM heat spreaders. 

Just now, zachb2185 said:

Sounds like it should just be mounted at the top and not the front. I'm just worried I won't have the clearance because of tall RAM heat spreaders. 

Hmmmm what ram are you using here? 

1 minute ago, iCoNrant said:

Hmmmm what ram are you using here? 

Vengence RGB pros. They were on sale for boxing day and were the cheapest 3200 mhz kit at the time.

12 minutes ago, zachb2185 said:

Vengence RGB pros. They were on sale for boxing day and were the cheapest 3200 mhz kit at the time.

Unfortunately, your ram gonna block the aio. The maximum height of the ram can fit with a aio on top is 38mm.

Your ram height is 51mm. What components you have in the build? 

20 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

Unfortunately, your ram gonna block the aio. The maximum height of the ram can fit with a aio on top is 38mm.

Your ram height is 51mm. What components you have in the build? 

2600x and a 1660 ti. I never really needed an AIO it was more just a nice-to-have type thing.

1 hour ago, zachb2185 said:

2600x and a 1660 ti. I never really needed an AIO it was more just a nice-to-have type thing.

Ya, I understand but your ram is too tall for the aio.

I know an air cooler is pretty good and silent is the scythe fuma 2 compete against the u12s by noctua. The ram clearance won't be a issue

front mounting the aio is fine. as for heating  the other components in the system yes it does but not enough to worry about. it totally  fine. 

to answer it will depend on the fans that come with aio. something like an evga aio your stock fans might be better. if it's some thing like alf2 or pg240 or ekaio.  those fan fans on the aio are better. but doesn't mean you couldn't use your stock fans.

32 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

front mounting the aio is fine. as for heating  the other components in the system yes it does but not enough to worry about. it totally  fine. 

to answer it will depend on the fans that come with aio. something like an evga aio your stock fans might be better. if it's some thing like alf2 or pg240 or ekaio.  those fan fans on the aio are better. but doesn't mean you couldn't use your stock fans.

Awesome, thanks for this.