Stuck at 60hz refresh rate

Stiltzking

Hi, I just got a new PC and am running my 24" 1080p monitor at 144hz with no problems. I am using a DisplayPort cable. My problem now is that I just bought a new monitor "Samsung Odyssey G5 32", and when connected, it won't go above 60hz in the monitor options, desktop options or nvidia control panel. I tried downscaling the resolution to 1080, all the way down to the lowest options, and still it only goes to 60hz max. I tried using the settings on the monitor itself and picked 120hz and 145hz option, but screen goes blank and I have to reset it manually for it to pick up the display again at 60hz. I've checked the drivers are up to date also on the monitor and it matches the latest download from samsung. My GPU is a RTX 3070. I'm really confused.

Thanks in advance

Would suspect cable type first, or maybe a GPU setting forcing something on or off that the monitor doesn't care for in its current mode.

~ Gaming since 1980 ~

PassMark | UserBench

Just now, camieabz said:

Would suspect cable type first, or maybe a GPU setting forcing something on or off that the monitor doesn't care for in its current mode.

The Displaycable is the 1.2 version. And as for GPU settings, is there a common setting that conflicts with monitors as nothing has changed since my other monitor was at 144hz? ty

I had the same problem as you with my samsung monitor.

At first I could only get to 100hz with HDMI port 2, any further and it wasn't working properly.

So I got a KabelDirekt Display Port 1.4 and it works 100% at 144hz with the 3060ti

Try getting the display drivers from the Samsung website ??

The Nvidia control panel will probably have set the display to 60hz somewhere.

Display / Resolution and ensure that, and the refresh rate is set appropriately.

~ Gaming since 1980 ~

PassMark | UserBench

50 minutes ago, venomx said:

I had the same problem as you with my samsung monitor.

At first I could only get to 100hz with HDMI port 2, any further and it wasn't working properly.

So I got a KabelDirekt Display Port 1.4 and it works 100% at 144hz with the 3060ti

Try getting the display drivers from the Samsung website ??

NIce, I will grab a 1.4 DP and see if that works.Ty

20 hours ago, Stiltzking said:

NIce, I will grab a 1.4 DP and see if that works.Ty

Upgraded Displayport and that didn't worl 😞

21 hours ago, camieabz said:

The Nvidia control panel will probably have set the display to 60hz somewhere.

Display / Resolution and ensure that, and the refresh rate is set appropriately.

Nvidia was alreeady set up on my other monitor at 144hz, the only thing I've changed is the monitor, and this monitor won't go above 60hz, even though it's a Samsun Odyssey G5. I just put in a new DP and changed from a v1.2 to a v1.4, and still no difference.

7 hours ago, Stiltzking said:

Nvidia was alreeady set up on my other monitor at 144hz, the only thing I've changed is the monitor, and this monitor won't go above 60hz, even though it's a Samsun Odyssey G5. I just put in a new DP and changed from a v1.2 to a v1.4, and still no difference.

So you're refusing to check if it changed or you did check and it's still set to 144?  

For the record just got a new monitor and nvidia settings reset *everything* automatically. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity