Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Budget (including currency): 1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: escape from tarkov, rust, siege, gta v 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 240hz 1080p 

I found 2 prebuilts because gpu prices are stupid high. I need to know which one is the better option. 

The first one is an Alienware r9 and the description says

i7 9700 

32gb ram ddr4 

2080 super 

price = $1400 includes 25 inch 240hz monitor 

the second build is a cyber power pc

Specs in pictures ( guy added 500gb nvme m.2)

model is Gxivr8080a4

price is $1570 25 inch Alienware monitor included + Logitech pro x headset 

im buying one of these today just wanna know which one is the better deal 

37BA1F82-D66C-4FC6-912A-87882E9194F7.jpeg

6E36E22A-46C4-4EB7-9FB9-C7EA2E33DDC7.png

What's the big difference except RTX 2080 in one and the Super in the other? You don't specify HDD/SSD space in the first one either, nor PSU etc

But as my signature says I have the i7-9700K and the 2080 Super and I also play Tarkov and you definitely won't be disappointed if you go for that one. And it's cheaper. But idk what kind of storage you get with it. But from the info you've given us I'm going with option 1.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

12 minutes ago, Jays__ said:

Alienware

Unfortunately, Dell owns them and underneath the glitzy shell, are bone stock Dell parts, at premium prices (at least in the AW system's I've looked at) so if it was my money, I'd go for the other one.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

9 minutes ago, MorbidAngel said:

What's the big difference except RTX 2080 in one and the Super in the other? You don't specify HDD/SSD space in the first one either, nor PSU etc

But as my signature says I have the i7-9700K and the 2080 Super and I also play Tarkov and you definitely won't be disappointed if you go for that one. And it's cheaper. But idk what kind of storage you get with it. But from the info you've given us I'm going with option 1.

The one with the 2080 and i7 9700k is the cyber power prebuilt which has 240gb ssd + 500gb m.2 + 1tb hdd. Only reason I’m on the fence is because I know Alienwares parts are all oem which I would most likely have cooling problems with bc of blower gpu.

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Unfortunately, Dell owns them and underneath the glitzy shell, are bone stock Dell parts, at premium prices (at least in the AW system's I've looked at) so if it was my money, I'd go for the other one.

I think that’s what I’ll do, I’ve had bad experiences with blower cards and stock CPU coolers in builds like these. Thanks for the help! 

1 minute ago, Jays__ said:

The one with the 2080 and i7 9700k is the cyber power prebuilt which has 240gb ssd + 500gb m.2 + 1tb hdd. Only reason I’m on the fence is because I know Alienwares parts are all oem which I would most likely have cooling problems with bc of blower gpu.

If you don’t mind me asking what FPS do you get in tarkov? 

35 minutes ago, Jays__ said:

If you don’t mind me asking what FPS do you get in tarkov? 

At 4K resolution with everything on the highest I get everything from 70-140 FPS. The game isn't perfectly optimized so I don't think it's because of my parts. I max out pretty much all other games at 4K resolution without issues at +120 FPS (all the games I've yet to play that is), except for Cyberpunk lol.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+