GPU overclocking for more monitors. How to? is it worth it? do u have some tips from experience?

Tym2000

Hey y'all I got 2 more monitors, they are being shipped and shall arrive on Friday and I'm a bit concerned whether my rog 1070 can handle 3 EliteDisplay E232 (23") and I would like to do some light overclocking. The 1070 is quite new so tip "just get better GPU, eh?" ain't helpful. If you have some tips for overclocking, go ahead. I dont think this post belong to overclocking cuz it's about "do I need to overclock". I would like to play overwatch, don't strave together, mirror's edge, portal 2, abzu, maybe robocraft.
My specs are:

ryzen 5 3600x 6 cores 12 threaths
16GB ram 3200MHz
b450 aorus elite (motherboard)
600W power supply
4 rgb vents 120mm
120mm air cpu cooler
500GB ssd (nvm m.2)
1TB hdd
Thanks

7 minutes ago, Tym2000 said:

I'm a bit concerned whether my rog 1070 can handle 3 EliteDisplay E232

My gpu usage with 3 monitors is like.. 1-2%. You're worrying about nothing.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

My gpu usage with 3 monitors is like.. 1-2%. You're worrying about nothing.

I ment while gaming

5 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

If you plan on gaming on just one monitor and the others for stream chat, Discord etc then you'll have no problems.

Those games I listed were those I would like to play on triple

1 minute ago, Tym2000 said:

Those games I listed were those I would like to play on triple

You'll be pushing a lot of pixels, as long as your expectations are in check then i'm sure you'll manage a smooth experience but likely not high fps.

As for OCing the 1070, it probably is worth it.  I've OC'ed a few 1070s and 5-10% uplift can be had.  What kit of DDR4 3200 do you have?

6 minutes ago, Tym2000 said:

I ment while gaming

Okay, the majority of them aren't difficult to run, that being said: overclocking won't fix anything at 5760x1080 that doesn't already run well enough. It either will run fine (adjust settings to be lower) or it won't. just my 2cents playing at this resolution.

7 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

You'll be pushing a lot of pixels, as long as your expectations are in check then i'm sure you'll manage a smooth experience but likely not high fps.

As for OCing the 1070, it probably is worth it.  I've OC'ed a few 1070s and 5-10% uplift can be had.  What kit of DDR4 3200 do you have?

hyperx dual channel

My 5700XT at stock has no problems running a game at 4K on main monitor, video at 1080 on second monitor, and discord on third. You should be fine.

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Oc won’t help much. Just hope the games support surround gaming. Or else you’ll have to get some fixers. 
Just be ready to turn the settings down and hope for the best. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz