which one better Evga 450BT or Corsair CV450

clovve
Go to solution Solved by boghubodaghi,

Is this within your budget? 

https://tokopedia.link/k55KmpGq5db

I don't think there is enough information about the 1stPlayer and the Elite to warrant a recommendation from me. 

hi, I've been lookin for a decent PSU for my decent "gaming" PC rn, i've seen the PSU tier list but i only can afford for the tier D list since the price for PCs part is high in my country and most of them not available in my county. i've found 2 PSU : EVGA 450BT and Corsair CV450. those two are the least PSU i can afford. im confused cuz i've seen some reviews talked shit about EVGA 450BT, not much about Corsair CV450 but im still not sure which one better. could someone please gimme advice for this or gimme recommendations for a decent PSU? *my budget only 40$ but those PSU are about 48$ which is okay i can try to ask my sister for the short, but if any possibility for my max budget it'll be perfect.

thanks

I’d go with the EVGA 450bt simply because it’s bronze rated. It’s a little older design wise than the Corsair CV line, but they’re generally made with higher quality components.

What are you powering btw? You may not need anything super fancy at all if we’re talking about something basic like an optiplex + cheap gpu build.

Both are bronze rated, and they are about equal when it comes to the internals. Both has 105C capacitors, sleeve bearing fans, and group regulation. I'd rate them to be equal, it just depends on your preference.

But you might be missing some better PSUs at that price range. Do you have a local retailer for reference?

18 minutes ago, 8tg said:

I’d go with the EVGA 450bt simply because it’s bronze rated. It’s a little older design wise than the Corsair CV line, but they’re generally made with higher quality components.

What are you powering btw? You may not need anything super fancy at all if we’re talking about something basic like an optiplex + cheap gpu build.

no no, it's decent PC with amd a8 7600, integrated R7 vga, 4GB x 2.how about that? still okay for those PSU?

have you try the EVGA 450BT? 

26 minutes ago, boghubodaghi said:

Both are bronze rated, and they are about equal when it comes to the internals. Both has 105C capacitors, sleeve bearing fans, and group regulation. I'd rate them to be equal, it just depends on your preference.

But you might be missing some better PSUs at that price range. Do you have a local retailer for reference?

so those PSU is still okay to running my PC?

unfortunately i dont have any of that.

i live in indonesia, most of the PSU tier list not available in here. and the price for all PC parts goes crazy bcz of these situations. for example the Corsair cx450m price is 70$+ for now which was just 45$. it's double my budget.

16 minutes ago, clovve said:

no no, it's decent PC with amd a8 7600, integrated R7 vga, 4GB x 2.how about that? still okay for those PSU?

have you try the EVGA 450BT? 

It’ll be more than fine for that, either are a good choice.

2 minutes ago, 8tg said:

It’ll be more than fine for that, either are a good choice.

how about if i upgrade the GPU. im planning to upgrade the GPU to gtx 750ti. but not now, it may take several months to buy the GPU cz the gpu itself is pretty expensive for now. how about that? is it still good?

8 hours ago, clovve said:

so those PSU is still okay to running my PC?

unfortunately i dont have any of that.

i live in indonesia, most of the PSU tier list not available in here. and the price for all PC parts goes crazy bcz of these situations. for example the Corsair cx450m price is 70$+ for now which was just 45$. it's double my budget.

Hey, don't worry, I am from Indonesia as well. I don't see the price hike you're talking about. Maybe it's only for the CX-M and not others?

I usually give a recomendation for the CM MWE White/Bronze V2, not only that it has DC-DC in the secondary side, it has LLC On the primary. We're talking night and day difference from the CV and BT you are talking about.

Because they're group regulated, they could be sending the GPU and the CPU with voltages that are way off, so I'd not use any kind of discrete GPU with PSUs like these. Even the low powered 750 Ti, but if you don't care about its longevity then that's your own choice.

3 hours ago, boghubodaghi said:

Hey, don't worry, I am from Indonesia as well. I don't see the price hike you're talking about. Maybe it's only for the CX-M and not others?

I usually give a recomendation for the CM MWE White/Bronze V2, not only that it has DC-DC in the secondary side, it has LLC On the primary. We're talking night and day difference from the CV and BT you are talking about.

Because they're group regulated, they could be sending the GPU and the CPU with voltages that are way off, so I'd not use any kind of discrete GPU with PSUs like these. Even the low powered 750 Ti, but if you don't care about its longevity then that's your own choice.

oh hi my indonesian fellow! im not sure for other PSUs but im searching all day long at the e-commerce and i get nothing than those PSU. maybe im not that good about finding PSU lol.

did you mean the CM MWE 650W? im not sure if my home electricity still can lift that amount of power.

i found 1stplayer DK5.0, CM elite 500 v4 how about those?

could you please gimme another recommendation for 450-500W PSU within my budget.

Just now, boghubodaghi said:

I don't think there is enough information about the 1stPlayer and the Elite to warrant a recommendation from me. 

The Elite v4 is tier E, and the 1st Player DK is Tier D, so neither of these are decent options:

The MWE v2 is quite a bit better than the two though 

14 minutes ago, boghubodaghi said:

holy mother of god, thanks. thats still works on me.

imma get this PSU instead those.

cheers man.

16 minutes ago, doubleflower said:

thanks man @boghubodaghifound that on tokopedia.

cheers!