My GTX 1070 just sold for stupid money

bikerchris

wow that is crazy

I sold my 1070ti Strix for £270 in November(When i got my 3070FE), and i thought i was lucky to get that(as paid £250 the year before)

I then sold my 2070 Super FE in December for £410(When i got a 3060ti FE for my sons PC).  I could have got more but I got enough to cover the 3060ti and a little bit extra. I didn't want to be greedy lol

The market is just crazy at the moment

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

On 2/22/2021 at 12:16 AM, porina said:

You made me think about selling a "spare" 1070 I have again... I saw your listing while looking up recent sales to get an idea on pricing. You do seem to have got more than average for it, maybe helped by your information. Good stuff. Think mine will be on the lower end given it is a blower card too. 

Still kicking myself for selling some other excess GPUs at their lowest pricing before the shortages kicked off. But can't change the past, and seeing what happens in the future was never my strong point.

Well, I guess for you it's now or never. I do actually regret selling the 1070 now, as it's a pretty decent card and there's a family friend who will need a decent'ish GPU in her machine when I build it. Mind you, I'm hesitant for a few reasons that I won't mention.

Yes, I think I did get more because of the extra effort, I was expecting £300'ish. Interestingly I had a number of 'older' PC users interested, one of them was 61 years old, so they've got the money to throw at stupidly priced things!

Don't worry about the past too much, just enjoy the future when it comes along 🙂

22 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

Thank you and sorry about that 👍

21 hours ago, shaz2sxy said:

wow that is crazy

I sold my 1070ti Strix for £270 in November(When i got my 3070FE), and i thought i was lucky to get that(as paid £250 the year before)

I then sold my 2070 Super FE in December for £410(When i got a 3060ti FE for my sons PC).  I could have got more but I got enough to cover the 3060ti and a little bit extra. I didn't want to be greedy lol

The market is just crazy at the moment

Wow! Fair play for not being greedy 😆 👍