Need a new gaming headset, wireless preferred!

manuelito1233

Hey, have been looking around for a set of good wireless headphones, and my budget is about uhhhh $150, but if i ask nice enough, $200.

Any recommendations?

3070 | 5800x | 16GB

I use the Corsair HS70 Pro and I like it. There's probably better ones out there but since I own this one myself I can tell you that I like it. I can wear it for hours and hours without it hurting my ears or feel to heavy. Sound is nice, mic is good according to my friends but I detached it since I use a studio mic instead.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Would you consider wired headphones? Wireless headphones have perceptible latency which isn't good for gaming, you constantly have to worry about the battery, and the sound quality you get for the money isn't as good.

If you're set on Wireless, probably used Sony WH1000xM4, or a new WH1000xM3 on sale. 

You'r probably better off with gaming headsets a they come with their own 2.4GHz protocolled usb.

Don't use bluetooth adapter to connect Sony WF/WH XM3 or 4 as you'll notice latency delay of 0,2s.

But why do you prefer wireless?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

Lots of folks unfortunately hate wires and love the freedom of wireless.which is fair. Unfortunately the only good wireless headset is like $300.

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Lots of folks unfortunately hate wires and love the freedom of wireless.which is fair. Unfortunately the only good wireless headset is like $300.

At the cost of e-waste and batteries degrading. Wireless will never be as good as wireless, fact. If BT adapters would support AptX-LL and the headphones too AND having the ability to be wired too, that would be great. And I don't understand the issue of wires at all when sitting behind the desk.

300$????? That's damn overpriced!

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

You'r probably better off with gaming headsets a they come with their own 2.4GHz protocolled usb.

Don't use bluetooth adapter to connect Sony WF/WH XM3 or 4 as you'll notice latency delay of 0,2s.

My computer tower is like a good 3 feet away from me on my desk, and having another wire run from the PC to me will probably clutter the area even more than it is, having wires run. Also, would be nice to be able to bring it out to use with my phone as i use an S20, which has no headphone jack. The wireless lifestyle hit me hard when i was very "eh" about it back then. Running a G403 wireless mouse and it's so nice to have a wireless mouse

3070 | 5800x | 16GB

41 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

300$????? That's damn overpriced!

for the technology and sound that is behind the audeze penrose I think the price is somewhat ok.  sounds better than a massdrop Panda and a sony XM3 to my ears. does both 2.4ghz and bluetooth with a half decent mic @ $300 its a better value than basically any wireless headset in this price bracket and also has the ability to be used wired. 

7 minutes ago, manuelito1233 said:

My computer tower is like a good 3 feet away from me on my desk, and having another wire run from the PC to me will probably clutter the area even more than it is, having wires run. Also, would be nice to be able to bring it out to use with my phone as i use an S20, which has no headphone jack. The wireless lifestyle hit me hard when i was very "eh" about it back then. Running a G403 wireless mouse and it's so nice to have a wireless mouse

I see. The biggest issue with wireless is the latency. You'll notice it big time when using the BT adapters/headphones and it's a question if those two supports AptX-LL. Untill they do that, the only better option is getting a gaming headset from HyperX or I forgot their names/models and those that comes with their own USB adapter.

DAC/AMPs:

Just now, CTR640 said:

I see. The biggest issue with wireless is the latency. You'll notice it big time when using the BT adapters/headphones and it's a question if those two supports AptX-LL. Untill they do that, the only better option is getting a gaming headset from HyperX or I forgot their names/models and those that comes with their own USB adapter.

I don't mind USB dongles, if there are any of them that use them. i've used Wireless before and the latency never seemed to be an issue for me, so i should be alright.

3070 | 5800x | 16GB

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

for the technology and sound that is behind the audeze penrose I think the price is somewhat ok. 

Ah yes, Audeze. I remember I wanted the Mobius and ended up with the DT880 recommended by you lol. The 3D thing would be confusing for me if I'm thinking about it. Penrose their color schemes is pretty ugly IMO.

DAC/AMPs:

Just now, manuelito1233 said:

I don't mind USB dongles, if there are any of them that use them. i've used Wireless before and the latency never seemed to be an issue for me, so i should be alright.

True. Using wireless for music and youtube is not really an issue.

DAC/AMPs:

Just now, CTR640 said:

Ah yes, Audeze. I remember I wanted the Mobius and ended up with the DT880 recommended by you lol. The 3D thing would be confusing for me if I'm thinking about it. Penrose their color schemes is pretty ugly IMO.

I aggree they are kinda ugly . the penrose sounds like a mobius. the difference is you get 2.4 ghz as well as bluetooth . they got rid of the 3D feature and are selling it for a $100 less. the blue penrose doesn't look half bad though. the green one reminds me of some awful skull candies I've used in the past. 

I've been pondering a wireless headset myself. Looking into it, it feels like they are still a year or two off maturity. If you've got some working wired ones I'd hold of for a bit.