Corsair mp400 only showing up in BIOS after switching off the PSU

jojojojonas

Hi people,

I have a strange issue with my Corsair MP400 m2 NVME SSD (boot drive). It works fine, I can work with my computer without any problems and even turn it off and restart it.

But when it has been turned off for several hours and I try to turn it on again, the SSD isn't showing up in the BIOS and my computer can't boot. I have to manually swith off the PSU for a few seconds and turn it back on again, then everything works fine again. Does someone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Corsair MP400 1 TB NVMe PCIe M.2-SSD (latest Firmware ECFM53.0 installed)

MSI B550-A Pro Mainboard (latest BIOS Version A.50 installed and all Drivers up to date)

700 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 11 PSU

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB (2x 16384MB) G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 (XMP 2 profile activated)
GeForce RTX 3070 (latest Drivers installed)
Win 10 64bit (latest Updates installed)

Hope you might help me!

Jonas

I dont know which power ports supply the M.2 slots on your motherboard, but make sure you got all of them in correctly. Reseat your (20+4) pin connector, CPU (4+4) pin connector and the 8 pin PCIe connectors. Seems like a possible loose cable. But I have no other ideas what this issue could be. Check Event Logs and Device Manager events to see if that drive has any errors while functioning, this might give further insight on what might be wrong. SMART Data would be great to check too.

Corsair toolkit link below.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/blog/the-corsair-ssd-toolbox

Thanks for your answer! The physical connections are checked, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the ssd into the m.2 slot. No errors in Events log and device manager events. Windows CHKDSK and the MSI NVMe Error detection function in the BIOS returned zero errors, SMART Data also says "Ok" and zero critical warnings... I guess it might be a problem with the mainboard but the really strange thing is that it works absolutely finde, once I restart the PSU...

On 2/21/2021 at 1:25 PM, jojojojonas said:

Thanks for your answer! The physical connections are checked, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the ssd into the m.2 slot. No errors in Events log and device manager events. Windows CHKDSK and the MSI NVMe Error detection function in the BIOS returned zero errors, SMART Data also says "Ok" and zero critical warnings... I guess it might be a problem with the mainboard but the really strange thing is that it works absolutely finde, once I restart the PSU...

could it be inconsistent power from the PSU? possibly faulty PSU?