Encrypting External Hard Drive Used With Chromebook?

paulyron

I use bitlocker with my dell xps windows ten laptop. I also use an old chromebook.

So I have a one tb external hard drive that i downloaded lot of videos/files on with the chromebook. Thus after a lot of files, i transfer it to my chromebook by copy and pasting it etc since a chromebook only has so much storage. I only connect it to my chromebook though and not my main dell xps laptop windows ten.

So whenever i connect it to usb port on chromebook, i can access the files. Now how do i encrypt this external hard drive if I only connect it to my chromebook? Do i need to download an encryption program from the google play store? Or do i need to connect it to my windows ten laptop and then encrypt it with say bitlocker? But when i connect the external hard drive to my chromebook, how would it ask me for a bitlocker password then since it doesn't use windows?

Anyone can give me opinion on this?  I want to encrypt my external hard drive... but i dont want to connect it to my windows dell laptop.  I only want to connect it to my chromebook only.

So is there any app in the play store on my chromebook that i could download to encrypt the files on my external hard drive?

If so, i got to assume if i were to connect the external hard drive to my windows laptop, there would be no issue right?

Because if i use bitlocker on my windows laptop and do it with the external hard drive, i know i wouldn't be able to connect it to my chromebook etc.

Anyone have opinion on this?  I mean surely some of you all use a chromebook and say download files in an external hard drive and want to encrypt it.  How do you encrypt it then when you use the chromebook to download these files and thus not use a windows computer?