Thank you Linus

stevecam

Just watching your recent video regarding, I hope the team your contributors, the team you employ and yourself are able to see this post I am writing

This will eventually be old news so anyone reading this here is the link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfIibTBaoMM

Now when I first started seeing some of your videos I didn't think much of them, just another gamers trying to get views by using popular products

Well, that is important, for many successful YouTube vloggers..... But over the last two years I have began paying attention to some of the things that you have been saying

First and foremost, thank you for sharing the video regarding the Nvidia GeForce 3060

Why am I thanking you? It doesn't affect me!

I don't know, maybe I just find value in people putting it forward like this

It didn't take long for myself to interpret what the release of the 3060 was all about, I had seen some of the articles and videos had been making about the news, at first I figured it was all hype and that Nvidia were just introducing a new release cycle

Then I found that Nvidia themselves were sharing this news, could not believe what I was reading "for gamers", yeah right! What a crock! What amazed me honestly is how many vloggers, bloggers and gamers took all this on face value

And then here comes your update

It doesn't hold back, it informs gamers, it is credible and most importantly it is honest

The 3060 is not going to benefit gamers, at all!

Now I know many game as a hobby, they contribute to society in other ways and spending money on a high performance PC is a rewarding thing for people to do

There are many others who take computers a little more seriously sharing misinformation contributing to these lies, for what? Acceptance from others and a few more likes on your YouTube channel? All I have to say there is simply get a life, get a job or study, that is pathetic

Good on you Linus, you covered the topic well, not only that but you made it impersonal too, this isn't about the people who work for Nvidia, they are people just like everyone else and deserve respect, just like everyone else

I am a bit of a tech enthusiast myself, I don't mind a bit of gaming but the interest always moves on to seeing how the game works, I love my VFIO and I virtualize everything I do

As a VFIO enthusiast you see quite openly how Nvidia and AMD just ignore the gaming the community quite blatantly, the number of users who use VFIO have grown substantially and we receive no support at all from the brand itself, we are simply expected to purchase their more costly lines, we know VFIO is available and in Radeon and GeForce cards, we know it is disabled through the GeForce and Radeon drivers, this is a slap in the face

I mean, want to game on their 30xx series cards in VFIO? No problem, just spend $12,500 for our entry-level A100 and you will be all set for gaming in VFIO! What a crock, and people think that "scalpers" and miners are making it difficult for gamers! Looks more like collusion from AMD and Nvidia, I always assumed that being anticompetitive was illegal in many countries

Also, thank you for covering this in a previous video, would love to see more on it

My regards to everyone reading this

Keep posting great content, keep sharing quality updates, keep up the honesty

Stay strong and keep safe

Very great insight into Linus's video. And yes, NVIDIA does not care about gamers. NVIDIA only cares about the quick bucks, and with the CMP announcement, it is clear that NVIDIA does not care about E-Waste, as once the 2nd mining craze ends, people will either sell the cards to the used market, or throw them out. And the bigger problem is that NVIDIA does not acknowledge RTX 30XX GPUs are not designed only for gaming, they also have the power to do complex compute operations at an accessible cost (Accessible cost meaning MSRP). What a shame Nvidia tries to put artificial limits to make them "more available to gamers" when there is also the silicon crisis that is affecting even car manufacturers. 

I edit my posts quite often, please refresh your browser if you can.

Specs :
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 4600G
RAM : 16GB 3200MHZ CL16 RAM

GPU : ASRock Challenger RX 6600
Display : Acer KA242Y
Mainboard : GIGABYTE B450M DS3H WIFI
Storage : 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
                240GB ADATA SU650NS38