Minor bulge, frayed wire housing and loose pins

is this type of fraying normal? There's a minor bulge underneath. I noticed this and the slightly loose pins as I was assembling its combs to manage the wirings and noticed its loose in nearly all the pins and I didn't want to reseat them and figured Id ask the knowledgeable folks here to help put my fears to rest. Or if I need to return these and avoid hooking it into my power supply. Any help on this issue would be, and is greatly appreciated. 

IMG_20210219_213610651.jpg

IMG_20210219_213645471.jpg

These are brand new?  Never installed?

Then return them.

Remember that the mesh is just a sleeve over normally insulated wire.  So if there's a bulge underneath the sleeve, that means the insulation is potentially broken and could short.

had it looked at by my technician and we did tests across all pins and rails no fails came back nor hotspots it was purely cosmetic. Not just that but the frayed part will be hidden when its installed into my motherboard.

11 minutes ago, Chris Greene said:

had it looked at by my technician and we did tests across all pins and rails no fails came back nor hotspots it was purely cosmetic. Not just that but the frayed part will be hidden when its installed into my motherboard.

Broken insulation isn't going to come back as a "failure" when just checking end to end voltages as the broken insulation doesn't add resistence.

Did your "technician" inspect the bulge and find that it wasn't actually any break in the insulation?