what is wrong with this fan on my ex PSU?

frozensun

I must admit I was very lucky removing this PSU,who knows what would happen next to my rig.

I wanted to test few fans powered via molex and switched ON psu this is what I got?

So what is wrong with this fan?

I did bent the grill long time ago but seems it doesn't help anymore.

if it's the fan is it possible to swap it?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Look to see if you can see something under the fan poking out. Push (possibly a wire) it back down. Hope it stays there and test again.
Else the fan is buggered, and you can easily replace it. But only if you're not planning to use the PSU to the max. (Unless you put in fan that has more airflow).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Look to see if you can see something under the fan poking out. Push (possibly a wire) it back down. Hope it stays there and test again.
Else the fan is buggered, and you can easily replace it. But only if you're not planning to use the PSU to the max. (Unless you put in fan that has more airflow).

there is a lot of flex of the fan pushing it down..I suppose it's bearing and this fan is useless,right?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Actually it can work when the fan/PSU is facing upwards but not at the side...or imagine when the PSU is turned backwards.

Probably bearings but who knows...