G.Skill and Corsair would run altogether?

I am currently using a G.Skill Trident Z 16GB single stick RAM. Planning to use a different brand RAM with this one. Got an opportunity to buy a second hand Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200Mhz 16GB single stick RAM. The cache latency is 16-18-18-36 on the Corsair one. The cache latency on my existing G.Skill stick is 16-18-18-38. The photo of the RAM information is attached herewith.

Would the both RAM work on my PC well or any problem I might face if running both together? Any suggestion from the experts is welcomed.

1429752800_20210220_1206351.jpg

hgg.JPG

I see no reason why it won't work.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

13 minutes ago, Mahmudul Hasan said:

I am currently using a G.Skill Trident Z 16GB single stick RAM. Planning to use a different brand RAM with this one. Got an opportunity to buy a second hand Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200Mhz 16GB single stick RAM. The cache latency is 16-18-18-36 on the Corsair one. The cache latency on my existing G.Skill stick is 16-18-18-38. The photo of the RAM information is attached herewith.

Would the both RAM work on my PC well or any problem I might face if running both together? Any suggestion from the experts is welcomed.

They literally have the exact same specs except for 36 and 38 as far as my squinting eyes could see. You should be fine with this handsome pair.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

12 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

They literally have the exact same specs except for 36 and 38 as far as my squinting eyes could see. You should be fine with this handsome pair.

I heard if the RAM sticks are from different brands and different cache latency, they don't work well. But may be I got that information wrong.

I heard there is a math about the cache latency of RAM though I am completely newbie about it.. How to know which latency is better or it doesn't matter at all?

8 minutes ago, Mahmudul Hasan said:

I heard there is a math about the cache latency of RAM though I am completely newbie about it.. How to know which latency is better or it doesn't matter at all?

This is a very useful article, which I used to learn about CAS Latency, http://blog.logicalincrements.com/2018/11/choosing-ram-cas-true-latency/#:~:text=Similarly%2C the comparison of CAS,a latency of 10.56 nanoseconds.

Another article: https://www.crucial.in/articles/about-memory/difference-between-speed-and-latency

However without going into the details, when it comes to latency, lower numbers are better, as less time is taken to get something done.

Also, I'm not sure about what the last number means, which is the only thing different between the two sticks of ram, when in a conflict, I guess both the RAM's will settle at a speed or latency common to both. Also, I saw an article mention that the last number doesn't have a ton of meaning in DDR4, as it has been merged in with another parameter, but I don't know a ton about this.

3 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

This is a very useful article, which I used to learn about CAS Latency, http://blog.logicalincrements.com/2018/11/choosing-ram-cas-true-latency/#:~:text=Similarly%2C the comparison of CAS,a latency of 10.56 nanoseconds.

Another article: https://www.crucial.in/articles/about-memory/difference-between-speed-and-latency

However without going into the details, when it comes to latency, lower numbers are better, as less time is taken to get something done.

Also, I'm not sure about what the last number means, which is the only thing different between the two sticks of ram, when in a conflict, I guess both the RAM's will settle at a speed or latency common to both. Also, I saw an article mention that the last number doesn't have a ton of meaning in DDR4, as it has been merged in with another parameter, but I don't know a ton about this.

Okay. Then I think the factor I should consider if the frequency matches and the storage memory size of the sticks, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, Mahmudul Hasan said:

Okay. Then I think the factor I should consider if the frequency matches and the storage memory size of the sticks, isn't it?

Frequency (so that both run at the same speed otherwise both the RAM's will run at the max speed supported by the slower RAM), Capacity (so that they run in dual channel, otherwise if you mix 4 and 8, 4+4 will run in dual channel and the remaining 4 in the 8 gb stick will run in single channel, known as FLEX mode), CAS Latency (So, that they run at the same latencies), which is essentially a part of the RAM timings for example, 15-15-15. If all of these match, it's a match made in heaven, irrespective of the manufacturer.

So, when people buy new RAM, if they just stick to two of the same RAM, they don't have to keep all this in mind for sanity's sake xD.

8 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Frequency (so that both run at the same speed otherwise both the RAM's will run at the max speed supported by the slower RAM), Capacity (so that they run in dual channel, otherwise if you mix 4 and 8, 4+4 will run in dual channel and the remaining 4 in the 8 gb stick will run in single channel, known as FLEX mode), CAS Latency (So, that they run at the same latencies), which is essentially a part of the RAM timings for example, 15-15-15. If all of these match, it's a match made in heaven, irrespective of the manufacturer.

So, when people buy new RAM, if they just stick to two of the same RAM, they don't have to keep all this in mind for sanity's sake xD.

Yeah. Buying a two of the same RAM is great when the budget supports. Thanks to you for the clarification about the above in details. 🙂

I hope you have a solid side panel

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

I hope you have a solid side panel

You mean the Glass Side panel cover of the desktop casing over the motherboard?

5 hours ago, Mahmudul Hasan said:

You mean the Glass Side panel cover of the desktop casing over the motherboard?

I was just being snarky since they didn't match, my bad.

I'd you have a see through panel you will see that they don't match lol

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x