The RTX 3070 Founders Edition is loud and hot

Tanspotty

I have had my RTX 3070 founders edition for a couple of weeks now but I have just a major concern over how the GPU runs. 

The performance is great, no complaint there but what I am annoyed and concerned about is the heat and loudness it is when running. When playing games I see my RTX 3070 FE getting up to 80*c and I feel concerned. Its less that I am bothered about how hot it gets but more down to how bloody loud it is when the fans having to ramp up. When the GPU tries to cool itself I have to say it runs fairly loud. I have adequate cooling coming in and out of the case but its just loud. I almost feel like its better off getting some 3rd party cooler to help blow air against it as the duel fan design just doesn't seem to be enough for it. I am even thinking of DIY straight up stripping the fan off the GPU and going AIO on it. Though looking at the board I would think it be made impossible to be done for the 3070 as there would be too much in the way to make decent cooling. 

The loudest of the GPU in my case can be heard even with headphones on and that is telling you something.

Would anyone perhaps suggest anything better then what I have considered as I rather not have to fork out money to cool the GPU down. I should also mentioned I have gone into MSI afterburner to hopefully set the thermals lower but not any good really. 

If doing nothing is better choice then I'll have to just deal with a noisy PC

Just ignore where the PC is as its actually fine there and the carpet is in no direct way for the fans to pick anything. I also can't move the PC anywhere, there isn't enough desk space to even place it there and I have thought about it but there isn't enough space

The FE is supposed to be a pretty quiet 3070. What's your case? Did you oc the card? 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

18 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

The FE is supposed to be a pretty quiet 3070. What's your case? Did you oc the card? 

I've not overclocked it. My PC case is the Cit Blaze

9 minutes ago, Tanspotty said:

I've not overclocked it. My PC case is the Cit Blaze

Garbage case has no airflow lmao

Just now, johnsoner13 said:

Garbage case has no airflow lmao

No there is plenty of airflow, only problem with the case is bad cable management

Just now, Tanspotty said:

No there is plenty of airflow, only problem with the case is bad cable management

It doesn't have much - solid front panel, just small slits on the side.

I'd upgrade your case to one that has a filtered front panel.

elephants

1 minute ago, Tanspotty said:

Argue all you want and deal with crap temps and acoustics, but your case has a glass front panel and hardly any intake at all for fresh air. Garbage case

Just now, FakeKGB said:

It doesn't have much - solid front panel, just small slits on the side.

I'd upgrade your case to one that has a filtered front panel.

Its not so long ago I replaced my PC case. Old one was very crap, had worse airflow and just 1 fan, no shit just 1 fan. I originally had the CiT Devil Mesh

39 minutes ago, Tanspotty said:

Its not so long ago I replaced my PC case. Old one was very crap, had worse airflow and just 1 fan, no shit just 1 fan. I originally had the CiT Devil Mesh

"For the price it's probably one of the nicest looking cases you can buy. Performance wise... not quite. A beefy graphics card will be throttled if air cooled in this case with the side panel on. The famse simply do not produce enough airflow to keep the case cool enough running a gpu at full load for more than a short while. I use the 980tx amp edition and the side panel has to be open when I play pubg."

fellow amazon reviewer