EPS connector confusion

frozensun

Guys,I know it's my OCD.

Just wanted to plug in EPS connector from PSU/cable marked CPU onto MoBo (8pin EPS 1) but I notice some difference in shape  of wires (that plastic latch over it)

I hope you will understrand by the markings on my paper.

So why 2 is not same as 2 and 5 is not same as 5 (not same shape)?

20210219_133559.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

This is normal. The not-quite square connectors can go into the square ones but not the other way round. They're keyed to not be able to be plugged in the wrong way round or into the wrong socket but they don't match 100%. You'll find the same on other connectors too.

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

This is normal. The not-quite square connectors can go into the square ones but not the other way round. They're keyed to not be able to be plugged in the wrong way round or into the wrong socket but they don't match 100%. You'll find the same on other connectors too.

yep, 2 from cable can go to 2 on mobo (square) and 5 from cable gan go into 5 on mobo (square),

But I'm curious why aren't they same shape just like the rest of "wires"?

So completly safe to plug in eps cable?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

yep, 2 from cable can go to 2 on mobo (square) and 5 from cable gan go into 5 on mobo (square),

But I'm curious why aren't they same shape just like the rest of "wires"?

So completly safe to plug in eps cable?

They're keyed in a way to allow the split 4pins of the 8 pin EPS to be plugged into a 4pin EPS connector. If they keyed it to exactly match the 8 pin connector on the board, you'd only be able to plug in one of the split parts of the EPS cable to a 4pin connector.

100% safe.